1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Tools for server administration

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Meuhmeuh, Dec 12, 2013.

1. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

I've setup remote ip banning thru an admin panel on my website. It uses an html form to receive the ip/ip range, writes it to a list using php/fwrite, which is then auto blocked (instantly) by peerblock. Also have a batch or 2 + a powershell script providing a master list of all usernames and their ip's for the admin panel.

If I can clean it up a bit I can release it if theirs any interest. Right now it's a jumble of stuff tho.

2. Zoeff

Zoeff Intergalactic Tourist

php is definitely installed and working, there are existing webpages using php so that can't be the problem...

I didn't edit anything besides changing the file path. Does the http server have to own the starbound_server.log file specifically or something?

Adding a simple echo "sdfsd"; line at the start gives me that text on the blank page, so presumably the problem is more specific to the .php file itself somehow?

3. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

the file path wouldn't matter.... oddly you'd get some interface even if it was wrong...

if it was something inside the HTML it'd show it... from what i've come to learn from php... anything broken outside the html area in php blanks the entire page :rofl:

4. Zoeff

PHP y u so silleh? >_<

5. Plnda

Plnda Industrial Terraformer

would provide syntax error, or an error_reporting(0);

6. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

no... it really doesn't provide errors.... oddly even with my IIS setup with full detailed error reporting i still get fully blank pages when modding them and then figuring out what the hell i missed :rofl:

@Zoeff ... what were you using.. like which one has the error?

7. Zoeff

The one that's supposed to show who's connected and the server status. The error isn't really an error, just a blank page :(

EDIT: This one: https://gist.github.com/lagonnebula/7928214

8. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

i'm not the best with php but i can't see any print_r or echo's in that entire thing...
    try this...
    http://pastebin.com/h49WKK10
    i've been working on it for a while, tweaking items and getting other things to work :)

next update i plan to do to it is getting rid of the info: parts :rofl:

and add bar graphs for statistics so you can tell when the server will be quiet or full

Zoeff likes this.
  9. Zoeff

Yeah I added the echo and error reporting myself but still got nothing but a blank page with MeuhMeuh's script.

Your script is working like a charm. :D Thanks!

10. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

i did the same.... even sectioned it and removed parts to see if an echo / report errors would come back... even ran the thing through a syntax checker...

11. Meuhmeuh

Meuhmeuh Seal Broken

If you have a blank page, it's pretty normal, my script are some class, there is no graphical interface, u have to implement it yourself.
    simply do this :

PHP:
    require_once("path/to/class/logs.class.php");
    $l = new Logs();
    echo 
    $l->getStatus();
    And you ill have the status in 0 or 1.

12. Jonnix

Jonnix Poptop Tamer

Can you show the accesscontroll.config syntax please ?