1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Tools for server administration

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Meuhmeuh, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Meuhmeuh

Meuhmeuh Seal Broken

Hi everyone !

I start this thread for making like a big databse for adminstration tools !

• ################# PHP ###################
    • ################# Python ###################
    • ################# PERL ###################

Don't hesitate to post your own tools, i ll make a link in this post.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. nithon

nithon Seal Broken

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Cadz likes this.
  3. Meuhmeuh

Meuhmeuh Seal Broken

Add to the post :)

4. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Yea awesome php code for your website, love it.

And thanks for putting this thread together Meuh

Dtho_47 likes this.
  5. nithon

nithon Seal Broken

6. Zahlfire

Zahlfire Big Damn Hero

I can't seem too get it too display any information. The most I've gained from it was a player count, and that was by counting the rows under Playernames. Think you could help me out? This would benefit my community a lot.

7. Plnda

Plnda Industrial Terraformer

Created a little server tool : http://185.21.189.156/ , based on the class of meuh meuh and added a few functionalities

nithon and danks_ like this.
  8. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

Are you planning on releasing in Plnda?

9. Plnda

i will release it, still need to make it more tidy now its just a quick and dirty thing

danks_ likes this.
  10. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

oh, yeah well, that's up to you :) Thanks for letting me know!

11. nithon

nithon Seal Broken

nice one :)

are the admins hard coded ? i havent really looked into it but last i've read was that accounts are not working yet

12. Plnda

Yeah for now they are hardcoded (hence the quick and dirty and there is nothing to admin as of right now =()

13. Zahlfire

Zahlfire Big Damn Hero

I actually have the accounts system working on my server. You aren't able too join unless I or one of my admins make you an account. Hopefully they add a line for configuring admins though the account system as well.

14. Plnda

Care to explain how to do this ?, i can make a script to create / remove accounts

15. Zahlfire

Zahlfire Big Damn Hero

simple. In your starboard server config, add a few passwords. Next open the accesscontrol.confg file in the universe folder, and make it look similar too this: http://pastebin.com/7WvsLjik changing the user and pass too whatever. I have more accounts in mine, but removed since I didn't want too erase all their passwords. (a good 80 accounts or so.) That's all I did. :)

16. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

That looks awesome :) would be nice to have a release.

17. Compboy

Compboy Poptop Tamer

or if they know the server password they can join. but yes, -> http://pastebin.com/7WvsLjik works wonders indeed

18. Meuhmeuh

Meuhmeuh Seal Broken

Check my register.class.php, it's a tool for adding, removing and banning acocunt to this file.

What kind, i see the start server button ? what do you added too ?

Im working to a account system on my website, directly connected to the server.

19. Plnda

The start button allows you to start the server from the website, but only if the starbound_server.exe isnt running so you cannot spam it (in case the server crashes and im not around).

also added the ability to filter for chat messages

danks_ likes this.
  20. Meuhmeuh

Meuhmeuh Seal Broken

Okay ! nice right now im looking for something to keep who's online and wipte server logs