WIP Tokiri's Pet Replacements (Fox, wolf, Red Panda) --UPDATE: Red Panda Finished!-- (:

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by tokiri, Mar 15, 2016.

1. pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

Ahh! I can't wait to see the Red Panda

• LucidCypher

LucidCypher Space Hobo

If you make the horse a wolf, I'm so gonna name it Link.

Edit: Also, I came here from the request for a fox. You did a lovely job. Now, I want to start a game with a dog and name him Tod.

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Thank you! <:

I was really hoping to get the wolf done today, but he's turning out to be a real pain in the butt to work with. ;o; Drawing him is "simple", but his animations will not play out correctly. I cannot get the head to line up correctly when running down because of the size limits on the sprite sheet. It gives very little room to work with. >3< I'll figure it out though, I really like the shape of his head and I don't want to make it smaller to accommodate for limitations. xD The running from left to right is looking pretty good though. ( : I think a few touch ups on some weird pixels and fixing the head and it should be done. <:

Here's how he looks so far! : )

[​IMG]
        [​IMG] <- Lol this is where my problems are. -sob- He doesn't look so bad here, but when he runs. Oh god. ;___;

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
        • Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well it's looking great so far, keep it up man! The only thing I might change is the eyes to a slightly darker yellow/brown-ish color or maybe even blue since it's kind of a more light gray/white wolf (again maybe, I don't know, I'd compare the different colors myself but I don't even know where to begin when it comes to pixel art). But if you feel otherwise it's cool, it'll still look great and I'll still use it regardless. I'm certain the finished product will be fantastic and I can't wait to see it! :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
          • tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the suggestion! <: I suppose he does look rather demonic with those bright yellow eyes, haha. I will upload a version with blue eyes and yellow-y brown eyes when I'm done. :) I think I might have to consider doing a mod to change the horse stall after (I finish the panda of course) because it looks really strange to have the wolf eating hay. Maybe into a small den/cave if possible. I've not looked into buildings much yet. :rofl:

• MrIce

MrIce Subatomic Cosmonaut

gud jub kid

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Haha ♥

Yay! So I finished the wolf. Worth staying up till 4AM on a work day haha! ( : He's all uploaded on the first post for anyone willing to try him out. <: Let me know what you think. ^__^

Note: There is one slight issue that I don't think can be fixed without changing the design. His head doesn't fully show up in grass. If I ever figure out a way to fix this, I will edit him! Personally I didn't even notice at first, since it's a rather small thing....so hopefully those who want to use the mod don't mind... Otherwise he seems to be working as intended! : D He also still makes gallop noises! I will be looking into replacing the sound If I can. I just want to get some of the other pets done. <:

• qt-sunny

qt-sunny Void-Bound Voyager

so awesome! great job thank youuuu!! xoxo

• mookppp

mookppp Void-Bound Voyager

I can't download the fox file. The link is broken. Could you fix it pls.

btw both of them are awesome :D

THX

• kizucha

kizucha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*grabs the wolfy and cuddle him* thank you tokiri. :D Now... i have to build an stable. xD

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Should be fixed now. Sorry 'bout that! I hope that's not a common occurrence with dropbox! I've never used it before! >3<

B'awww thanks! I hope you guys enjoy him. : 3 I will probably add a white and black wolf later when I have free time. xD

Edit: Added black wolf. <:

[​IMG]

I think I'm going to try to release things in a pattern. A dog/cat replacement followed by a horse replacement and so on so fourth. : 3 Anyways! Panda is up next, will be done in a couple days at most I hope! <: After that, I will do a deer maybe! If there's one animal I doodle more than any other it's probably deer. : P It's fun trying to squish all that anatomy into a teeny space, haha. I'm not sure how it will mesh with the game's style though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
                          Zevrix and Nightscaled like this.
                        • Mabu

Mabu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

would you be willing to make the fox and dragon work for cats as well? =3 and if we may request-? Can we have Tanuki's as either the Cats or rabbits?. Thank you so much :D

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

I want to make edits to the fox, so I can certainly look into doing that. <: Also, I love Tanukis! I'll add it to my list. :)

• Xireni

Xireni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The wolf is amazing! Might get it for my horse - and then I can totally ride my wolf into battle. Uh, I mean, on the farm.

• joprinz

joprinz Master Chief

Thank you so much <3 Can we have a white/black wolf with blue eyes? :3

And the red panda is the best thing ever :kitten::kitten:

Timidx3 likes this.
                                • Valkjosandi

I love the wolves, they look fantastic! Keep up the great work!

Also if you're planning on tackling a deer might I suggest something along the lines of a Fallow or Whitetail Deer? I think their lighter brown colors would fit in more with the overall bright/happy vibe that this game brings. You could even do a Doe and a Buck version as the only main difference between the two is that one has antlers while the other does not (at least with Fallow's, Whitetail Bucks have a bit more white in certain areas).

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lxxnqnzrfxnl92/horse.xnb?dl=0
                                    ^ Here's the black wolf with blue eyes. <: I had the white wolf done, but I didn't think it looked good in game, so I need to edit some of the linework. I will upload the white version soon. xD

Thank you for the suggestions! I really like the colorization on fallow deers! I was originally leaning towards white tail, but I will have to try both out and see which looks better! <: I gotta admit, my deer is looking rather spooky at the moment! Haha. Not very happy and cute. xD

Also thinking of doing a boar/wild pig replacement for normal piggies...because...I'm probably the only person that actually wants something like that LOL....X D Here's the WIP, if anyone actually cares to have boars on their farm. I need to lighten him up a bit and stuff, but it'll be a little while before I continue working on him. <:

[​IMG]

inksalt, Zevrix, Superior_s and 5 others like this.
                                    • miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

yesyesyes to the boar ^^
                                      although it looks super evil right now :D .. then again boars are generally better to be avoided ^^;

• Valkjosandi

That boar looks dope man, I like it.

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Thanks!

I have major Twilight Princess brain right now, and the boars in that game are real evil looking haha! X'D Plus I've been watching twitch streamers play through Dark Souls in the background while I draw, so it's like a combination of two grim dark looking games! It's making me draw everything so much more sinister, lmao. I need to put happy things on while I draw. : P