1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

To those who say there should be a Lets Play

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Awesomized, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remnant Drive

Remnant Drive Pangalactic Porcupine

This. So much this.

Skyblade799 likes this.
  2. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Honestly the randomization is a huge selling point because noone will play through the exact same way
    in the same fashion no two LPs will have the exact same content
    In other words things you see in an LP (that doesnt focus on the main quest ofc)
    would be totally different to what you would find

The only real difference
    Is that you would have foreknowledge of a few things
    such as a particular weapon type or trait

Skyblade799 likes this.
  3. shadow1928

shadow1928 Void-Bound Voyager

i agree, however a video of a little gameplay won't ruin it in my opinion. If someone does an entire let's play, i will avoid it for spoilers and stuff, but i will most likely watch a video with some gameplay to see how the game plays and works. That is what i did for terraria to see if i wanted to get or not.

Skyblade799 likes this.
  4. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

I could't agree more with you. Also what's up with all the "hurr spoilers". Seriously it's not that hard to ignore an LP and the information would get posted on the forums one way or the other.

Skyblade799 likes this.
  5. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I really hope you guys dont ignore LPs
    I make LPs
    I don't want to be ignored
    o.o

6. Ecchiholic

I will literally watch every LP of Starbound when the Beta starts (if there will be videos of the Beta), I want as much information as possible.

Skyblade799 likes this.
  7. King

King Former Staff

I think the Developers will make the decision they feel to be right on this matter.

If they want to make videos, they will when they are ready.

I Trust the development team to make good decisions.

Starheaven07 likes this.
  8. Spike

Spike Supernova

Hm... a let's play would be nice, and since we all have the freedom to not watch something on youtube, I cannot think of a way for this to be bad.

9. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

Beta access would be OK, but an LP may be a bit much...

10. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

a bit too much awesome
    for one enderbro to handle

11. shadow1928

shadow1928 Void-Bound Voyager

i mean you can't stop people from doing a let's play of this, however like i said before i agree that a let's play might ruin the game for people. besides, video titles will say "Let's Play Starbound" and all you have to do is ignore those videos

12. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

I can handle all the awesome I want, it's just that exposing the game before release could cause some "negative reactions" in some people.

13. Ecchiholic

What do you think is better? A negative reaction before they buy the game or after they buy it?

Pentarctagon likes this.
  14. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

I see no problem with let's plays being done. Honestly, some people really do seem to be just so antsy in regards to 'surprises'. You aren't going to go fully into the game without knowing anything if you are active, and even if you do learn of things, you won't learn EVERYTHING.

You don't HAVE to watch the LPs if you don't want, so it doesn't harm you unless you actually sit and watch.

15. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

This issue is really a matter of preference. I reveled in Terraria and Minecraft both before they were "Finished products" and it took nothing away from the experience for me. Some people are big into being surprised, and I understand that, but I've never found knowing as much as I could about a game before its release to lessen it. Some want it, some don't, there will always be two sides to this.

16. Bixxith

Bixxith Void-Bound Voyager

Let's Plays are free advertisements. They bring players in, money in, and keep the updates coming. Beta's are there to work out the bugs so we can have a near stable release.

17. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Void-Bound Voyager

I'll try to avoid it as much as i can if they start to release "lets play" videos around youtube....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.