1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

To those who say there should be a Lets Play

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Awesomized, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

To those who say there should be a lets play, just like Terraria did, Terraria did not have a huge fan base like Starbound. The only reason Redigit probably started the Lets Play, and allowed PaperBatVG to make one, was to get more people to recognise their game. Starbound is lucky that Redigit has done all the advertisement for it. Now a Lets Play will just ruin the game, not helping with advertisement, or anything about the game, due to the large amount of spoilers being given, just at the first episode. Majority of the space ship will be shown, as it is the main base. It'll ruin the game for some people by showing them what the game is like. It ruined my Terraria life, as I knew everything about it, and I didnt know what to do after the first day. Please do not ruin the game for people. Please. :(

gameaddictwn likes this.
  2. Vaidred

Vaidred Phantasmal Quasar

I.. don't know how I feel about this yet actually. I probably will agree with you.

3. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Surely the choice should be given to the people, whether or not they want to watch Let's Plays and have the game 'spoiled' as everyone likes to refer to it as ^^

I will be most likely avoiding them myself, but that's just like, my opinion, man; and I think these sort of things work best as just that. Opinions.

artist1million and Skyblade799 like this.
  4. Stephano

Stephano Void-Bound Voyager

Agreed, I don't want a beta OR a lets play, it will ruin the "suprise factor".

5. Vaidred

Vaidred Phantasmal Quasar

yea, your right. it is all about opinions :D

6. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Some way or another, the suprise will be ruined to you in a comment on the forum, or a post on your profile.

7. Stephano

Not if I ignore it. Its not hard.

Ecchiholic and Zzinged like this.
  8. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

It could be a thread that isnt related to it. Like "What do you think is going to be on the planets?" and someone may write "Duh theres 2 z0m!e pl4nts th4t e4t p3ople l0l!".

9. Stephano

Don't give Tiy ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

The only ideas I'd give Tiy is Rubidium or Mercury.

11. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Then surely you should be cowering at every turn in the forums as it is. There have been plenty of confirmed additions to the game from Devs that by all rights, you shouldn't know about yet or else it will ruin your experience.

Combined with the fact that Blue even has a stickied thread here on General FILLED with information on the game, you really ought to be quaking in your boots.

Zzinged and Skyblade799 like this.
  12. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Small pictures does not effect as much as much as gameplay.

13. Navyvinny

Navyvinny Orbital Explorer

Well. If it was somone besides PBAT I wouldn't watch it. But I like PBAT so I would like him to have an LP if it is possible.

14. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It varies from person to person, for me watching an LP didn't ruin anything, it made me want to play that much more and I enjoyed it that much more when I got to play it.

If anything, the Terraria LP served as a decent tutorial that the game lacked.

Skyblade799 likes this.
  15. Polar !

Polar ! Pangalactic Porcupine

we need to at least get 1 minute of video game play >.> to see the movement and stuff
    Just screenshots won't do

Skyblade799 likes this.
  16. endingcredits

endingcredits Void-Bound Voyager

How is that not related to it? If you know there's a beta or LP or whatever, just avoid topics that will have information in them. If you're seriously worried that someone will spoil it in a topic that actually ISN'T about the game, just avoid the forums until it comes out. This is not a difficult concept.

17. Yuri Kircovich

Yuri Kircovich Phantasmal Quasar

There are going to be LP's (Probably not by the "team"). They just want to keep us up-to-date with the things in-store for us. And stop this, they will do this stuff. If you're that afraid, you shouldn't even be on the forum. The internet is full of crap like that, sadly.

18. SagginPT

SagginPT Space Penguin Leader

Just dont watch the LP if there is one...

Ecchiholic and Skyblade799 like this.
  19. countchocula86

countchocula86 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't agree with this. Some kind of Lets Play type content will help draw in new people. While Starbound has certainly inherited a lot of Terrarians, more publicity is hardly a bad thing.

Skyblade799 and Yuri Kircovich like this.
  20. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

For the love of god, why are people whining about the "surprise factor" so much?

As for the advertising, why wouldn't they want to advertise it this way? So they didn't start off small like Terraria. Big deal. It didn't start off small like Terraria because a bunch of people from TO came over after Redigit announced it. But the number of people that are on the forums is a tiny fraction of the overall number of people that buy the game. Terraria has sold over a million copies, but the number of people registered isn't even 90,000. A Let's Play would reach a MUCH larger audience than just Redigit saying "Hey Tiy is making a cool game over here", which would bring in more players, which would bring in more money, which would let this game develop better.

Bixxith, Zzinged, Ecchiholic and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.