RP To Origin's Root

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Riyley, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Riyley

Riyley Aquatic Astronaut

Have you ever heard the tales of Origin's Root? Back when I lived on my home-world Galdin we heard stories of it, but that's all most ever thought they were, just stories. It had more names than that though, and to be honest it wasn't the most known name for it even on my own home. It turned out that Origin's Root was the first name it was called when I heard about it and it just seemed to stick. It's understandable how people think it's hard to believe though, how could such a thing exist? It breaks the laws of our reality just to explain them, a strange paradox... and an amazing wounder. Instead of just explaining it though, maybe the story I was told will help you understand.

Beyond the distant stars that have long since faded from existence with only their faint light still shining in the sky to remember them by stands a single sun, one that has burned since the beginning of time. The planets around the star never move, forever frozen in time just like the sun itself. Origin's Root stands tall growing into the sky on one of these worlds flourishing with life. Growing from the center of the world itself, Origin's Root guards a treasure never meant to be known, and never meant to be seen.

That's just one of the many stories I've heard about Origin's Root. What it guards exactly, I don't know. I've been told it could be what created our universe in the first place, or even a rift in reality to another. Maybe it's the secret to immortality, and in all likelihood hearing of Orign's Root living since the beginning of time I wouldn't doubt it. Whatever it may be it's kept the Origin's Root alive for longer than it could possibly do on it's own, so if it's real whatever secret lay deep down at it's core is a priceless treasure.

That's the story of the Origin's Root, and exactly why I'm traveling through space heading towards it. I was hired to set waypoints throughout the systems I travel through on my way there by a large company so they can set up outposts. The pay's not very high but I'm not in it for the money and as long as I continue to get closer and closer to Origin's Root I'm fine with it. However I'm not going anywhere at the moment, and with the small fraction of my ship that's left after my unfortunate "accident", It's going to take me some time before I can resume my journey.

[END]

This is a potential RP I'd wish to start with the goal of heading to the quards of 0,0. I don't have a server for it so if someone has one we can use for this or is willing to run one it would be really helpful. All you need to do to RP here is create a new character with no gear or items except ship upgrades, and only to the point of being able to go from world to world (if you don't want to start completely fresh). Other than that there's no requirements, although knowing how to RP is highly advised. I've done many RP's myself but haven't done one using an actual avatar in a long while, all of my recent ones have just been text based. Anyways feel free to join if you want and discuss things if you want. There is no OOC thread ATM but if necessary I'll create one.