TNT block

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by toby109tt, Mar 13, 2014.

1. toby109tt

toby109tt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wand a TNT block cool for mining

2. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Would you want this to be a block (that explodes somehow, either timed or from a wire input), or do you want a more powerful Bomb object?

Bombs can be thrown, are affected by gravity, and blow up after a short timer. They can destroy blocks. If we increase the explosion, and increase the damage (so they can destroy almost any block), would that be ok?

3. toby109tt

TNT block With a wire input

111sonic111 likes this.
  4. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

The differences between blocks and furniture objects are that blocks can be placed in backgrounds or foregrounds. Foreground blocks can be placed on background blocks.

Would it make more sense to have a TNT object, which can only be placed in the foreground (backgrounds of TNT is dangerous), and then requires wire input to a detonator object?

At the same time, there are explosives that are "sticky" and can be placed on walls and ceilings, so having it as a block does make a lot of sense...hmm...

Jappards likes this.
  5. toby109tt

Yes much better and can i ask are u working for the game sb

6. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I am not working for Chucklefish (that would be Bartwe, Razey, Tiy, Mollygos, Kyren, and others that I can't name offhand). They normally have yellow titles (whereas yours says Space Hobo in gray, theirs would say [something] in yellow).

I'm just trying to find suggestions I like, and help "develop" them. From a short statement, now you have a solution (add strong explosive as a block), a problem with the current game (bombs aren't powerful enough), and explanations of why your solution is good (blocks allow for convenient placing, great for mining and demolition).

With the extra information, the people that DO work on the game can understand why this feature makes sense, and hopefully they choose to add it to the game.

Without the extra information, sometimes they may disagree that it's needed and move on, never looking back at it.

7. toby109tt

What do you think of nuke

8. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I think that there is a time and a place for them, in Starbound. They would allow for demolition of a wide area, possibly even a full biome (section of the planet). Then, players could reconstruct that portion of the planet the way they like, without the tedium of clearing it out manually using a drill or pickaxe.

However, the bad part of this is that players can go onto public servers and start a nuclear war, destroying buildings and towns created by other players. Creating towns requires a lot of time. Pressing a red button does not.

9. toby109tt

Der should be an option that other players can not destroy each other's block's

10. alexpuppy123

alexpuppy123 Aquatic Astronaut

how would go about making it?

11. Ferociousfiend

Ferociousfiend Astral Cartographer

I imagine Minecraft's TNT blocks: 2x2, can be placed on top of each other, have a wire input, and can blast other "primed" TNT blocks large distances. Water negates the damage effect, allowing for quick reinstallment and reactivation.

Block shield generators would be more useful, along with the "reference generator" that is the same thing, except more suited to be used by the average player. I imagine the block generator greatly increases the strength (between doubling and tripling) of all of the blocks in a 500-1000 by 500-1000 block square, or completely shields blocks in a 100-250 by 100-250 block square.

12. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

I just thought of this, partly inspired by the command and conquer series, but what bout a bomb using erchius fuel? Two explosives, actually, one for blowing up a ton of blocks, and another for just being a jerk and blowing badguys up. Both would be extremely expendable and one shot, obviously, and use expensive erchius fuel of some form or another but hey, if the fuel is very volatile then surely it could be our TNT to?

Edit: On a note, if guards/villagers see you placing or using within range of the town I think they should all become hostile to you. Afterall there isn't anything more obviously hostile than placing anything like TNT blocks within a town with clear intent of blowing them up :).

Another Edit: And now that I think about that, maybe there should be an achievement for using them to blow up an entire town without being caught. Like monstrous villain or something.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016