1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Title screen character rotation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by needsomemiracle, May 13, 2013.

1. needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Suggestion: the character walking at the title screen is chosen randomly from your pool of unlocked characters every time the game is started.

• Combiecola

Combiecola Space Hobo

Isn't it basically whoever you played just before now?

• needsomemiracle

Not necessarily. I just thought if the game is supposed to have around ten different characters, it stands to reason to show them off in the title screen (unless the Commando's the symbol of the game, that is).
        But in order to not spoil locked classes and give an additional pat on the head for unlocking them, they could start appearing on the title screen only after you actually unlock them in-game. It could be straightforward cycling, but choosing randomly every start-up is more fun.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Combiecola means that right now, as of the current release, they think it's the character you played as last, that is displayed. I think they're right.

• needsomemiracle

Ah, silly me. Yes, that's similar, only decided by RNG :)

• Combiecola

Combiecola Space Hobo

Thanks for the clarification Shrooblord :p I just reread my post and realized it was really wonky...

• Faang

Faang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be sweat beans if the characters showed off their moves and jumped at random.

Combiecola likes this.
                • Combiecola

Combiecola Space Hobo

^ Agreed for all except for the sweat beans :p I'm pretty sure you meant sweet beans

• Faang

Faang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ahahahaha. yes. yes I did.