RELEASED TimeSpeed (unofficial) 2.0.3

Provides time speed configuration.

Tags:
  1. LasurDragon

LasurDragon Astral Cartographer

Thanks for the suggestion. I have such plans after implementing custom location time control.
    I assume Nexus rules won't restrict me to "repost" mod since cantorsdust used GPLv3 for it.

Vith likes this.
    • FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

One thing missing is pressing a key to reset all your in-game tick changes back to the config (which also unfreezes time); this was the "B" key in the original mod.

Vith likes this.
      • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, I got you. That's a shame, but understandable.

• Algerith

Algerith Void-Bound Voyager

Is the time supposed to freeze in the Skull Cavern? I have all the config options at false and I have no problem in the regular caves.

• LasurDragon

Didn't consider extra time given by game for this location.
            Should be fixed now.

• miriamgibbs29

miriamgibbs29 Intergalactic Tourist

• LasurDragon

• miriamgibbs29

Awesome, thanks :D

• LasurDragon

Can you check if this version runs fine for you?

Attached Files:

• miriamgibbs29

Indeed it does! Brilliant, thank you!

• miriamgibbs29

Update: On closer inspection some but not all parts of this mod work. I am able to freeze time and reload the config via the hotkeys, those work but I can't seem to get anything else working.

I'm able to increase and decrease the tick interval according the the UI but nothing actually changes. No matter what I do with the settings time still ticks by at about 10 in-game mins = 7 seconds. I've tried messing with the config file but got nothing

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Testing on a festival day with that setting on false? Otherwise, don't know what your issue is, works fine for me (and any tick changes you do in-game will only affect that area and will reset to defined defaults when leaving the area [eg. any map change]. The old version did tick changes wholesale iirc; every tick was halved or doubled - outdoors, indoors, and mines were all affected and were persistent across map changes.)

EDIT: Ah, see you're using mac, perhaps an issue with the port?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
                      • tomkrizan

tomkrizan Tentacle Wrangler

I also have a fork of the TimeSpeed mod that I have not yet been able to dedicate time to properly releasing for Windows/OSX or add some more improvements, but did get to adding button mapping.

The mod with binary releases is located here: https://github.com/tomkrizan/TimeSpeed/releases

Some things I changed were the ability to remap keys. I left the defaults as is though, for now. It's currently required to put the same text as they are mentioned in MSDN documentation located here.

Installation: TimeSpeed Mod 64 bit Linux Binaries tested on Fedora 24 with Stardew 1.1 update:
                        I only have a 64 bit Linux build out there. I've not had the time to get it working for OSX and Windows; all I was able to confirm was the same binary doesn't work on those platforms.To install, download the release and drop it into "<Stardew Home>/Mods/TimeSpeed/" creating all folders as necessary.
                        • A working SMAPI is required.
                        • Your Stardew home is likely located here: ~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew Valley
                        • Tested on Fedora 24 64 bit.
                        • First boot will create the config file which you can modify to your liking.
                        Installation: SMAPI 0.40.0 for the version that works for me, also still works with Stardew 1.1 update -
                        For Linux users, it is also (probably) required to use the SMAPI fork I have here: https://github.com/tomkrizan/SMAPI/releases which is based off a fork of a Mac version.
                        SMAPI instructions:
                        • Go into the steam folder like ~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew Valley
                        • Make a copy of the StardewValley.bin.x86_64 and call it StardewModdingAPI.bin.x86_64
                        • Drop the contents of the release zip in the same directory. That is only this file: StardewModdingAPI.exe

OP, I've also gathered these suggestions from the old thread and the GitHub repo. I have them in somewhat note-to-myself form so apologies for the poor working/informality of it. Maybe you'll have more time to implement the features than I:

General Improvements
                        • Button mapping (I have this done already in my code here , although the config file change isn't the most intuitive method). Edit: Actually I see now that you also implemented a method to do this too.
                        Audio indication - Users would like an audio indication that time changed
                        Other mods that break functionality:
                        Map mods
                        Other bugs

LasurDragon likes this.
                        • LasurDragon

@tomkrizan, thank you for such detailed answer.
                          I'll investigate these further once I have time.
                          That's very very strange bug and I have no ideas how this mod can cause this. I will probably need a save if this happens for someone else.
                          It probably should but I'll verify this.
                          Most location names can be found at "\Stardew Valley\Content\Maps"
                          I removed the ability to specify location group "Mines" to avoid such confusions. User can now specify location as {"UndergroundMine": 14, "SkullCave": 14} to change time speed for both.
                          But that doesn't look obvious since there is no such file as "UndergroundMine.xnb" in maps folder. I should definitely add it to the description.
                          I have plans for GUI settings but it will require more time to learn how rendering works here and to lay everything correctly for different zoom levels, etc. Maybe FarmHand will simplify it a bit.
                          For now config.json is method used by most mods.
                          Nice idea, will add it.

• LasurDragon

Thanks for the reply. Don't you mind test it again once I add more versbose logging to investigate it further?

• einhazard

einhazard Space Hobo

I'm not very well versed in mods aside from just installing and running them, but I can't seem to get this one to configure. The in-game hotkeys work just fine, but I'd like to have it set so that time doesn't pass indoors (Like oldschool Harvest Moon). I set the "Indoors" value to null, but when I run the game through SMAPI via SDVMM, it changes the value back to 14.0. What am I doing wrong here?

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

I believe what you need to do is set the "FreezeTimeIndoors" value to "true", as the default is "false"--as opposed to the "IndoorTickLength". It should look something like this to obtain the result you're looking for:

{
                                "FreezeTimeAt": null,
                                "FreezeTimeIndoors": true,
                                "FreezeTimeInMines": false,
                                "FreezeTimeOutdoors": false,
                                "OutdoorTickLength": 14000,
                                "IndoorTickLength": 14000,
                                "MineTickLength": 14000,
                                "ChangeTimeSpeedOnFestivalDays": false,
                                "FreezeTimeKey": "N",
                                "IncreaseTickLengthKey": "OemPeriod",
                                "DecreaseTickLengthKey": "OemComma",
                                "ReloadConfigKey": "B"
                                }

I tested it with this config, and my game began with time frozen in the farmhouse, but resumed when I walked outside. =3

• einhazard

einhazard Space Hobo

I tried just adding the "FreezeTimeIndoors" line and that didn't work, so I copy-pasted the whole thing over to the config file. It's not reverting it immediately when I run the game like it was before, but it's still not pausing time indoors. Only other mods I'm currently running are a mod to make fishing easier and one to take items out of the shipping box once you put them in.

• LasurDragon

• LasurDragon

Ok, I'm really sorry but I messed up again json settings merging. It do works very strange in SMAPI.
                                    I uploaded fixed version which shouldn't reset this setting.
                                    Config format changed in version 2.0. Old format won't work in this version and newer.