Modding Help Time for a new Queen of Sauce

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RoastedCoconutz, Apr 21, 2016.

1. RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way, but I really dislike the QoS's portrait. She's either got the squattest, squarest mug I've ever seen, or her chef's hat has slipped waaaay down over her face. And her crossed legs look a bit off--hell, all of her proportions look a bit funny. I don't have much to criticize CA about, but the QoS is one of them.

Instead of just hating on her, I thought I'd try my hand at giving her a makeover. Except I can't find the files anywhere. I unpacked everything in Content, and didn't see her goofy self in any of the folders. The closest I came was finding her fellow TV personalities in Content/TileSheets, but they appear to be old unused versions so I ignored them.

Can someone help me locate the files, please? And if anyone has suggestions for her hair coloring/pose/props I'm open to them. I don't want her to end up looking too much like Haley with all that blonde hair.

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

The QoS and her other fellow TV personalities are in the Content/LooseSprites/Cursors file. =3

• RoastedCoconutz

Thanks a ton. That completely explains why I missed her. So many pictures in one of those tilesheets!

I have a to-do list of at least 20 different mods and alterations, but I'm going to start with her. One thing at a time!

• RoastedCoconutz

Phew, that was a royal pita. I have learned that I am pretty terrible at pixel art. After trying to Frankenstein four different characters, I finally gave up and went with Domo Kun holding a spatula instead. Unfortunately XNB Node isn't packing the Cursors file properly--lots of black spots in the windows and around lamps--so I can't do anything with my new Queen of Sauce. Meh.

Here she is in all her goofy glory:
          [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
            Cerius likes this.
          • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I fixed my issues with the cursors file by extracting it with this tool instead.

RoastedCoconutz likes this.
            • RoastedCoconutz

Nice! Now that I'm in the middle of updating all my retextures and mods, it's the perfect time to try out that tool. Hopefully I'll get to see Chef Domo on TV soon.

Minakie likes this.