Modding Help Tiled modding bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by LegoMaster3650, Dec 3, 2016.

1. LegoMaster3650

LegoMaster3650 Void-Bound Voyager

So on tiled I have a bug where whenever I make a custom dungeon, trying to edit it makes tiled say:

Error loading tileset for 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/assets/packed/dungeons/tileset/packed/materials.json': Could not open file for reading.

I really want to have custom dungeon files made with tiled, but I think the only solution would be to going through the hard work of editing a premise file, backing the file up, and a lot of that nonsense. This would become annoying quickly, so please help me! I want my first mod to have a custom dungeon, but the tutorial I am taking is useless due to the lack of an editable tutorial file.
    Please help me!

2. Shakar

Shakar Phantasmal Quasar

Have you tried opening blankTemplate.json in the dungeons folder? I don't see a 'tileset' folder within my copy of Starbound at the location your Tiled is looking at.

And have a look here: http://starbounder.org/Modding:Tiled
    That page can help you understand how to get it working. I used it myself and was able to get the program working without issue.

3. LegoMaster3650

LegoMaster3650 Void-Bound Voyager

I have used that, and I have found a temporary solution by replacing the final boss structure with my own until I get a solution.
    My issue is if I copy the blankTemplate.json or any json file in the starbound format, it shows me the error message and fails to open the json file. Believe it or not, I found out the error when I was using that tutorial you said, so that's not gonna work. I had an old version of tiled, but the newest version doesn't do anything different.