Modding Help [Tiled] Can't open my mission map anymore, please help!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by FadedSketch, Jul 23, 2016.

1. FadedSketch

FadedSketch Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, ever since 1.0 came out, I am unable to open my map in tiled. It still works in starbound, but Tiled always give me the error message "Tile used but no tileset specified." I had to remove the mod from my folder due to an issue installing the new starbound update, but I put it back in the same spot, assets are exported to the same place as before 1.0, and yes I am using the latest version of Tiled(just re-installed, too, after completely uninstalling it. I can open the vanilla assets, mind you, so I'm confused. 8.8 Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

I expect to have to map it all over again... :( Such a bummer...

EDIT: My .json file was saved in the old giraffestorage\mods folder... it will only load in that directory. Otherwise, in the new plain mods folder, it won't work. So a simple fix of re-saving it to the new folder should do the trick. Hope this helps someone else who faces this issue. ^^

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    foxtails likes this.
  2. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Oi FadedSketch, does your map still work after you edited it with the newest Tiled ?

If my map contains any objects/decorations, it fails to load ingame - regular background and foreground blocks work fine.

3. FadedSketch

Uuhg, I'm so sorry for a super late response. :( I was using the newest version, but for some reason that ver. Doesn't write the properties of objects to the .json file. (Thus objects won't work) I still had the install for an older version, which doesn't have this problem. Here's a thread that goes into how to fix it manually in notepad++ : http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/unable-to-place-objects-in-tiled.117806/
    just look through the replies, and you'll find it. Hope I helped. ^^

4. Charlatan

Awesome! Thanks for the info, gonna try it out right away.

5. FadedSketch

no problem, glad I could be of help. :)

Charlatan likes this.
  6. Charlatan

One last question, is your avatar a female cyclops trying to make a " ^_^ " face ? :nurutease:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  7. FadedSketch

:rofl: hehe, no, she's a novakid. But that's a different way of looking at it! :)

Charlatan likes this.