1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Tier Nine Ships PG[s] - Mod v. 0.7.0.2

Because eight tiers just aren't enough.

1. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man that is super pretty :3 (the tech blocks look like baby computers :3)

2. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. Sir_Puddles

Sir_Puddles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just want to point out a typo in the Floran blockkey file, where apexshipplatform is instead apexshipplatformplatform, and causes the ship to be unable to upgrade to tier 5.

4. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Figured out what happened; the platform was called "[...]platformplatform" a couple a updates ago, but that got shortened to just "[...]platform". Unfortunately, it looks like the assets didn't unpack correctly, so the old file was still there.

I'm unpacking to a completely new folder, but that will take a while, so an update will be out hopefully today c:

Hmmm after some testing, it turns out that "apexshipplatformplatform" is the correct name for the tile (the platform item is apexshipplatform though)

I tested both apex and floran characters, and was able to upgrade to tier 5 with no issues. Were there any errors in your log when you tried to upgrade?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  5. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You choose the outpost quest, like the other upgrades: http://starbounder.org/Ship_Upgrades

The only thing T9S adds is one additional upgrade (Rock License aka Tier 9), four blocks, one platform, three ship lights, a quest, and some recipes. Everything is built off of vanilla c:

6. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey it's fine every one started out as noobs. c:

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  7. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Any chances for tier 10 ships? Like really special big fat motherships? I'm thinking of a hylotl one with a big front like a sperm whale or sth. :hylotl:

8. SingABrightSong

SingABrightSong Pangalactic Porcupine

I believe there were plans to have up to Tier 12, which would be Class IX.

9. green3y3

There were? Do you know where, here in eLes mod? This would be great! All my laboratories of FU, several farming sites and lots of seperate cabins for my mates of Your Starbound Crew. Yessss, i must have it. Know! ;)

10. SingABrightSong

SingABrightSong Pangalactic Porcupine

I had read it somewhere in this forum topic, actually. I don't know if the plans were ever firm, but reading the update description eLe is preparing to add at least one new tier.

11. green3y3

ah yes, i read that. now there's hope! ;)

12. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

What happens if you use this with a modded ship like say a ship for a mod race. Does it just convert the ship to one of the vanilla race ships in tier nine or does it mess the game up?

13. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

Will this mod need an update for Glad Giraffe? I try it in the unstable and at first glance it worked, but I want to be sure.

14. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

Plex_Director likes this.
  15. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Yep! Same thing here!
    Tough luck, as I became so comfortable with the bigger space train! Now I'll stop decorating until there's a fix for this mod, because I don't want to redo at least three sections of the ship.

16. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

The quest system changed and so the modded quest have to follow these changes.

17. Hen

Hen Big Damn Hero

bk3k and Plex_Director like this.
  18. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Worked like a charm!
    Thanks Hen, you're a true hero! :-D

19. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I incorporated these ships into the Shipyard Rebuilt mod because clearly they're improvements over purely vanilla ships (and have open permissions). And of course the 9th Tier that vanilla doesn't offer.

When I incorporated these ships, I naturally incorporated the fix you made as well. I assume that wouldn't bother you. Also I did credit you in an included text file.

The lazier workaround would have been to just hand out the shipT9 item I "made"(cloned and changed a couple lines LOL). Obviously it is better to have the functioning quest just like the other tiers. I have other fish to fry and wouldn't have gotten around to looking into/fixing the quest for quite a while. So your fix has actually helped out 2 mods.

20. Kennethern

Kennethern Phantasmal Quasar

Let me tell you, the new Floran, Glitch, and Avian tiers look absolutely stunning. Keep up the good work!