1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Tier Nine Ships PG[s] - Mod v. 0.7.0.2

Because eight tiers just aren't enough.

1. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not exactly sure what kind of design you're looking for. :? (novakid was actually the second upgrade I did)

[​IMG]
    The bright bits are the bits I added onto the vanilla tier 8 ship. The cockpit needed to be raised as seen here:
    [​IMG]
    Tier 8 and 9 block guides: http://i.imgur.com/v21hEyw.png http://i.imgur.com/hC57nYk.png

It would help if you had an example of what a re-design would entail, as I'm pretty much stumped. :U

2. Preacher

Preacher Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, sorry for that, I already got a idea on mind that would be great (for me at least ^^) Im not that great in pixel art or well.. any art, but I may be able to make a "kinda" proper Photoshop picture of what im roughly looking for. Right now its in the middle of the night here and I got so much to do (watch SHIELD newest episode for example :D), but if I forget it this night, I will make the picture tommorow morning (8-9 hours from now on). If you keep it in mind and I forget it, please remind me here by quoting me. Thanks :)

(And thanks for fast reply here)

3. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

You may consider optimizing your png files with pnggauntlet. It's non-destructive, and a test I did on your latest version shows a gain of 5,3MB of size.

4. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmmm I'll have to check that out, thanks :3

5. Preacher

Preacher Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

Zoom in if you cant read the black text. Or I guess I just write it here.. Black bar = hard ground (ship parts), no passage

Something like this is what I thought of :) Just so it doesnt look like skyscrapers on a train. And I thought it would be nice to have a 2nd floor passage and would give the ship a little more, except boring square rooms with small decoration at all. Would be great if you could do that, maybe as 10th tier, after your first new tier. The black "triangle" is where you maybe could make some kind of decoration from ship parts so the ship isnt as "edgy" and looks like it only conists of square rooms ^^

I hope you can do anything like this :) Maybe from recolored other ship parts? idk, not my field of work, I really do hope you can come up with something nice.

Preacher

6. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, I was actually considering something like that... (hmmm maybe add some undercarriages too?) :3
    I'm currently redesigning all a the ships all a them (again), but I'll def look into makin that. c:

7. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Kinda feel like human's and avians got screwed on ship size here, compared to some of the others, But still an awesome mod. :D

For elaboration, Human and avian ships increase by about 16 7x10 areas, but hyotl and apex increased by approximately 22-24 7x10 areas. (Just at a glance counting from the images based on the tiled backgrounds)

Again though, still awesome. :D

8. River King

River King Big Damn Hero

Perfect for my every day hoarding. >~<

9. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I actually just went through all the ships, and got the block amount* for each one: http://pastebin.com/9yRXf2Bs
    *based on the [...]blocks.png for each tier/species. this doesn't include unbreakable ship parts, such as the teleporter and captain's chair

The smallest ship (from class 2 - 6, as class 1 and 0 are the same size between species) is Novakid (class 2 and 6) and Hylotl (class 3-5). The largest ships are Floran (class 2, 4, and 5) and Apex (class 3 and 6). Interestingly, Avian has the second largest class 2 ship, after which it toggles between Apex and Floran.

Since I'm (slowly) redesigning the ship interiors/making sure that the exteriors have the correct colours), I think I'll start workin on some designs for Class 7 (and probs 8 and 9 eventually so the whole tier/class confusion is cleared up {and so i don't have to rename the mod :U}).

10. Jackson Brown

Jackson Brown Astral Cartographer

Any plans to create tier 9 ships for any of the mod races? They can be optional folders in this mod, or their own separate mods.

11. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

With this much space, I will have to ask one of my team artists to design a block of plushies to drown half the ship in like gravel....
    Would be the comfiest room ever~

12. BeaverSid

BeaverSid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How can i fix an error like this:
    Fatal Exception caught: (StarException) An error occured during loading: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("completionConditions")

Game version - Pleased Giraffe (25 Aug)

Attached Files:

13. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

14. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

Yay for Updates!

15. BeaverSid

BeaverSid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Problem is still here

16. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

17. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

I just want to say, i just stumbled onto this mod, and omfg. This mod. Looking at all tier nine upgrades. Its just...
    No seriously. This should be vanilla. Its criminal that vanilla is without these tier nine upgrades. Several of the ships just dont even look right without em now that ive seen em (especially apex, glitch, and avian)

If theres a place to vote to get this noticed/into vanilla, point me there. @w@

eLe likes this.
  18. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can get the 9th tier (6th class) from Penguin Bay (talk to your SAIL to upgrade it)

19. the evil german

the evil german Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you and sorry about that >_< i don't know why i didn't just go check the outpost i was thinking it was an item

20. the evil german

the evil german Void-Bound Voyager

Also love the mod so far. i'm redesigning my ship just about done with the control room :)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Solzucht and eLe like this.