1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Other Thoughts of this graphics tablet?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Patrick, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Patrick

Patrick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

The splash is great for a first tablet, though the active area is a tad tiny you won't really find a better option for the price range.

Next "tier" of art tablets would run you a couple hundred at least.

3. Patrick

Thanks,

4. As long as it's wacom, i'd recommend it :P

I never had a Bamboo before, but so far, I haven't heard of any major complaints from my Bamboo-wielding friends.

I myself use a Wacom Intuos4 [Large]. I've had my tablet for 4 years now. So far, it has done nothing but good.
    The only drawback [so far] is that it eats pen nibs like crazy. That would require a bit of managing, as you don't want your nibs to be eaten too short, else you're going to have a hard time trying to replace it.
    However, the drawback can easily be fixed though. All you need is transparency paper that is used in overhead projectors and such. It's rather cheap, and easy to find in stores. Placing them on top of the tablet's workspace would make every pen nib last more than a year.
    I'd recommend this, if you have the money, but yes, Bamboo is good too. If you ever feel the need to upgrade, Intuos4 would be a good choice. Though you can also look at the Intuos5 or the Cintiq

blind sniper likes this.
  5. Patrick

6. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

Would the transparency-paper not ruin the pressure sensitivity though?

7. I can't really say it doesn't ruin the sensitivity, since I can't really prove so, but I can say that I see/feel no problems at all in pressure.

8. huabao

huabao Mop

I work 10 + hours a day on my XP-Pen Artist22E graphics tablet http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M9EURM1 . I've been using graphics tablets for over 8 years. I absolutely need one because i paint/draw for a living and these days people need things done fast soo digital is the way to go.

I've been using XP-Pen tablets for all this time. I wouldnt recommend ANY other brand but wacom for graphics tablets. They are the best. I currently use a Medium size XP-Pen Artist22E .

For just scribbling notes and doing minor photo touch ups I would recommend either a Small XP-Pen Star05 ( which cost about 70$ Canadian) more or less.