1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

This is a sequel!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Vizendel, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

I can feel it in my atoms!
    Y'know how Terraria has stopped development? And how you're eventually getting much stronger in Terraria to pretty much the point of immortality.

This is a SEQUEL to Terraria! Forget being authenticated by Tiyuri!
    This is a sequel to Terraria and you know it!

(Oh yeah. I am REALLY tired.)

2. Anthony Miller

Anthony Miller Master Chief

A spiritual successor maybe, but not a direct sequel to Terraria.

3. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

No, it's way too much better to be a sequel. :cool:

4. Cobalt16

Cobalt16 Pangalactic Porcupine

I think of it more as a companion game. It has a similar engine, lighting, adventure/exploration, fighting, and the fact that it is a sandbox side-scrolling game and one developer is part of both.
    It would be cool if there was a boxed edition that came with a bundle of Terraria and Starbound.

5. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

The wyverns all like, " I'M TIRED OF GETTING SO MUCH HATE! *blows up planet*" and than starts Starbound.

6. Marketh

Marketh Former Staff

The only sequel here is you. You are the sequel to every other person who has claimed this to be Terraria 2.0 and so on. You are as misinformed as the rest of them. :)

7. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I think terraria 2.0 would be different than a sequel. A sequel would concern the plot. Whereas 2.0 would just be a continuation. :p

Plz don't ban me for disagreeing with you. :notworthy:

8. Marketh

Marketh Former Staff

Not going to ban you for having an opinion. However, Terraria had no plot. So I'm still going with you being misinformed. I can promise you now, this game is 100%, completely unrelated to Terraria. I think it's about time everyone dealt with this. Just take a moment and breathe. ;P

9. Grayecastle

Grayecastle Big Damn Hero

Oddly enough his name is breather. lol, and I think this game would be better without a plot but being that it does (will) have one, it is not a sequel to Terraria

10. Marketh

Marketh Former Staff

Wow. Honestly didn't notice the name thing, haha. Anyhow, you don't have to follow the main plot. Much like Skyrim and other such games, you can get sidetracked by all kinds of things that are unrelated to this main plot and just explore planets because, you know. Why the hell not? :D

Bryan, Devon Castleman and Breather like this.
  11. Grayecastle

Grayecastle Big Damn Hero

Hm, that is a valid point. I thank you for your view point.

12. Vizendel

Nononono.

You pissed off someone in a really high place.
    They blew up your planet, and then you escaped.

13. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Cthulu became mad that you have destroyed all his eyes and blew up Terraria. Luckily you had a hallow spaceship and went into space. The mechanic came with you.

14. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

This is just another child from the same parent. Doesn't mean you should love either of them more or less. Basically, while working on Terraria, I'm sure Tiy was playing with ideas in his head. Thinking what could be changed for the better. Thinking of things that could be added. Asking "What if" questions. The equivalent of preparing/planning for another child. Terraria should not really be forgotten or given so little credit. Since gaming began, newer games have been building off of older games, the same way older generations give wisdom to the younger ones. While it is not a sequel, we can say Terraria inspired Starbound to a degree. [/SokinaRant]

DarkDXZ and Aviakio like this.
  15. Vizendel

Eh. No need to give long speeches Sokina.

I made this as a joke thread.

16. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

I agree with Sokina, this game could never be a sequel to Terraria! Of course, if you only focus on the sprite graphics or the building/mining aspect it may seem like that. But since this game has much more to offer than Terraria ever will, (and don't get me wrong, I love Terraria) I really thought some misinformed people would think of it as an "upgrade" to Terraria. But calling it a "sequel", that's really mistaken.

17. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, umm... if that's the case, ignore my last post! :oops:

18. WelshPixie

WelshPixie Former Staff

Joking? On the Internet? Are you mad?

Ferroseed likes this.
  19. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

At the VERY least, combat is going to have a completely different feel. Just because Tiy worked on Terraria does not mean this is Terraria 2.0 you know.

20. Kjulo

Kjulo Subatomic Cosmonaut

In legal cases this isent a Sequel, the reason for this is that Terraria is property of Re-Logic, and Starbound is property for Chucklefish games. So no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.