1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

This game sounds intersting.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Siveria, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siveria

Siveria Big Damn Hero

Starbound sounds intersting, seems like it'll be Terraria with more of a point to it, So far only thing I am worried about is the crafting, I loved that aspect of Terraria, not so sure about how much I like this blueprint system, reverse engineer would be a tad better I think imo. I'd also personally like a rpg exp system, and maybe have monsters spawn at or around your level, sometimes above your level depending on how far away from your start point you wander.

2. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glad to hear we have another member!
    But they say the level of the enemies is based on the planets danger level. It goes form 1-100 so even if you are totally maxed out you can still have an hard time!

3. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

It's a totally different ballgame and experience than Terraria.
    Almost everything is going to be procedurally generated so there's going to be thousands and thousands of new things to see, use and encounter.
    I don't think a crafting system has been fully explained or confirmed or even outlined, but I think it will be fine.

I hate comparing it to Terraria, but it's still a solid reference point. Starbound seem to be taking more care into the details, justifying the combat with the premise of flow and depth, risk and reward. Even the minute things like right hand and left hand weapons staying true to your actual left and right hands.

Anyway, there's still little detail; most of it is speculation but we love feeling like explorers, and that's the experience that I'm finding interesting right now on these forums and the experience I expect wholly from Starbound.

Breather likes this.
  4. Herowho

Herowho Pangalactic Porcupine

Starbound's gonna be spectacular on so many levels.:D

psychojake likes this.
  5. Siveria

Siveria Big Damn Hero

Yeah I can't wait, From the sound of it so far in a thread I read that had released into so far, It sounds like a purchaise to me.

6. Vivid

Vivid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you'll be able to craft basic things on the spot..like torches, crafting tables. etc. but you wont be able to build a mech out of nowhere. so the crafting system is gonna be more advanced than terraria

7. Narutoman

Narutoman Void-Bound Voyager

It doesnt sound interesting, it is interesting....

8. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Starbound. Just listen to the sound of it's name. Starbound. IT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S GONNA BE AN AMAZING GAME!!!!!!

Aviakio likes this.
  9. First impressions makes it sound like you get shot out of a cannon into space. Though, that'd probably be would be an interesting opening scene. :p

Well, the Suggestions forum is that way. I'm sure that the Devs would like as much useful feedback as they can get. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.