1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Thinking Cap! The Light That Follows! (Constant light, without torches)

Discussion in 'Weapons, Armor and Clothes' started by FoolsPower, Dec 11, 2013.

1. FoolsPower

FoolsPower Subatomic Cosmonaut

THINKING HAT
    (UPDATE: Due to an oversight on my part, I didn't realize there's already and item by this name. This could cause problems. My item has now been renamed to Thinking Hat)
    [​IMG]
    After getting tired of constantly placing torches, I decided to make a mod that gives you a bit of light on the fly. So you can focus on staying alive, and not placing torches. However, because this gives you a high advantage, it will only work in the "armor" slot, forcing you to take away your helmet, for some light. You can still wear it in the vanity slot, but it will not have an effect.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/torhsw5r4zl98h1/thinkinghat.zip

Installation: Firstly, extract the "thinkinghat" folder into \Starbound\assets\items\armors\decorative\hats (You can use a modloader, but I prefer to do it manually for now)

Now go back to \Starbound\assest\ and find
    "player.config" and open it. I suggest using Notepad++. Look down for the "teir1" : [ section and insert this code into it. Making sure it's following the same style as the rest
    Code:
    { "item" : "thinkinghathead" },

With the thinking hat:
    [​IMG]

Without the thinking hat:
    [​IMG]

Recipe - Needs anvil or higher to be crafted:
    [​IMG]

This is my first released mod so there may be problems (though it's quite simple, so I don't see why it should), if there are, leave a comment and I'll work on fixing it.

I'm also considering having a "cheat" version of this, that require less crafting resources and will give off more light. Let me know if you want that.

Enjoy
    Changelog:
    Changed name to Thinking Hat as there's already an item by this name

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Khataclysme and Lynx88 like this.
  2. Khataclysme

Khataclysme Big Damn Hero

That's cool ! Thanks :D

3. TracerFox

TracerFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Suggestion for the 'cheat' version.
    Instead of increased resource costs, just allow the cheat version to work from the vanity slot.

4. elwes

elwes Orbital Explorer

This will get some use. I had a mod that was an upgradable backpack that became brighter the more you upgraded it, but this looks much brighter than even the brightest backpack. Thanks!

5. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Orbital Explorer

want