Things you discovered today while playing SDV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charity322, Aug 13, 2017.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

lol You're right, I thought that it didn't look right but I was tired. Yes, UDDER icon. Cow boobies. >u<

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

There seems to be a ton of trash at the 100-level lake (the lava lake). Soggy newspapers, a bunch of broken CDs, busted eyeglasses, a bunch of Joja soda, any trash and it'll be there. Odd that there's all this trash at a LAVA lake... and I don't seem to get the ghostfish or the lava eel either, JUST the trash. *mutter mutter"

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
      • Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

Just yesterday in one of my newer saves I managed to get Sam from one to four hearts with a birthday present, and then went to his house to get his 2-heart event. Immediately after the event ended, it started his 4-heart event... I did not know they worked that way, I could have sworn you had to enter the area a second time. Did they always work that way?

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
        • LuthienNightwolf

I've had that happen with Emily and Penny. On one save I think I'd finished the bulletin board bundle or something and got a bunch of points with everyone and all the sudden I was getting cut-scenes right and left.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
          • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Found out you can get those strange dolls (the two that are in the mines) elsewhere - I found the yellow one in a dig spot on the beach. Also found Abby's 4 and 6 heart scenes a bit bizarre - it's like she's aware she's different and struggles with her identity...something I can totally relate to!

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
            • LuthienNightwolf

If I remember right I think I got one of the strange dolls from a fishing chest once.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, the strange dolls can be found anywhere, just very very rarely.

• ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

Iridium-quality truffles sell for more than the oil you would normally make them into. Unless you have the artisan profession, then it isn't.

newhpete and ChaosAzeroth like this.
                  • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

While the person who chooses to be your Santa and the person who you give to may be random, it's apparently decided when you start the new game who you will be gifting. My backup is just about Fall ending year one (it was beginning of summer, but I wanted to get all the dwarf scrolls, get Calico desert working, and clear the mines) and every year, it's been the same person I need to send a gift to. Elliot, prepare for a lobster that I got in early fall because the lobster from fall will be just as tasty as the one caught a few days before the festival!

EDIT: Abby apparently thinks gems are tasty. I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but I gave Abby a ruby and she commented that she was hungry. Uh Abby...rubies aren't edible... you've been hanging around the wizard too much again, haven't you? Either that or the egg nog is REALLY spiked...

EDIT2: First time reviving the community center, and *let's be reasonable", was really quite touching. You see a side of Pierre that you tend to not see in the day-to-day stuff. Yeah it's because he's kicking Joja to the curb, but as he rallies the townspeople, it shows he really does miss the old ways and his memories show that Pierre really does have a soft side. Getting grumpy George happy, Willy's crab experiment gone wrong, along with Gus's great idea to fix said crab problem... honestly, it was really touching! Need to see if Pierre goes back to being money-grubbing again, but seeing Marnie beyond overjoyed that the community center was revived definitely was worth it!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
                    • Raxel920

Raxel920 Intergalactic Tourist

I recently got a "Collect 30 copper ore" quest from the board and I had a ton of it in a chest, so I grabbed it, went to the saloon, gave it to Clint, but he just got mad at me. I didn't know I actually had to mine new ore. (I spent the rest of the day attacking him).

• Icewinde

Icewinde Space Spelunker

If you take the ore out of your chest one by one it works :)
                        Even if you only have 10, take them out one by one, put back in the chest, take out one by one again, one more time and quest is done

Just check the quest, when it says 'talk to Clint' you don't even need to take the ore to him, Just talking is fine even without any ore in your bag he'll 'look trough it' and 'sees the quality'.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It can be even more simple than that. If you carry a lot of ore, just grab half the stack, drop it on the ground, and the quest completes when the auto-magnetism sucks it back up.

• guitardude_324

guitardude_324 Big Damn Hero

After over 400+ hours. I realized how much time you can save if you are holding on to the seeds you want to plant next while you're harvesting your crop. IE. I'm currently pulling pumpkins out of the ground and I'm holding on to some pumpkin seeds.

When holding "A (xbox)" I pull the pumpkin out of the ground and automatically put the seed down. It's really quick and when walking in a straight line and holding "A" I can get a lot down.

ruddthree likes this.
                            • Icewinde

Icewinde Space Spelunker

When you wake up on the 24th of december and you see the pop-up window that shows you your earnings from the shipped items Santa is flying over the top of your screen!
                              I was to suprised to take a screenie, he passed by before I tought of it :(

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I like seeing the ufo as well. I used to have Santa pictures from each Christmas on my first save. Lol all different parts of the screen.

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

You know how the Lonely Rock is water & you can fish in it? It can also spawn fishing nodes. Thanks for the fish, bubbling boulder.

• InquisitiveSoul

InquisitiveSoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I learned you can put hats on the Alien scarecrows. I intend to put up one of them beside Chuck the Gigantic Meteorite and plonk the top hat on it

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

It's also a prime fish spot. Cast your line into the deep water there and you always get gold quality fishies.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Not sure if it was in the last patch or not, but the achievement for the Artifacts has changed. On my first save, I got tired of never finding the last two items I needed, so I used an item spawn to get them and just finish it off.
                                        You can't do that now. The wording has changed. It no longer counts when you donate the items, it only counts when you 'find' them. So no more cheating!

• LuthienNightwolf

Did you try throwing the item on the ground or moving it from a chest into your inventory? I wonder if you can trick the game similar to Clint's copper ore quests, you don't have to actually find the ore, the quest triggers when it's moved into your inventory. Might be the same for the artifacts.