Things you discovered today while playing SDV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charity322, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I finished the Community Centrer bundle that awards 2 hearts to your relationships with the villagers. I noticed that it didn't seem to increase some of the ones I was really hoping (and counting on) it would increase. Then I noticed this little entry in the Wiki when I went to see if I could find out why that happened: "Completing all Bulletin Board bundles improves the player's friendship rating with every non-datable villager by two hearts (500 points)." (italics mine)

Well that explained that! Boooooooooooo...... :facepalm:

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
    • Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

475 hours and I didn't know you could walk here:

20170828212906_1.jpg

:cry:

LadySurly and LuthienNightwolf like this.
      • Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sometimes the female slime will let him catch her and then they'll pop out a baby slime.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Today I discovered that you can get those worms in the secret part of the forest. It might only be a winter thing, but close to 300 hours and I never saw them in the secret woods before...

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I can confirm that, that's how I got my trees planted in there. :3
            Winter Secret Woods.png

Each one was originally a dig spot. As soon as I dug up the worms I planted a seed in the hole. ;D

margotbean and LadySurly like this.
            • ericlw

ericlw Space Spelunker

If you hold down the shift button while using a hoe, you hoe more spots.

• Stryder87

If you're using a mouse,just hold the mouse button down and it will cycle through all the different hoe-patterns available for the level of hoe you have. VERY handy for when in the mines and you want to dig up the dirt... makes it much faster!

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Today when I won the treasure mini-game within the fishing mini-game, my prize was a treasure chest within a treasure chest. Um. Did I just win some sort of turducken achievement?

nekoCrimson and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                  • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I found the lake monster for the first time!
                    [​IMG]

LadySurly and wronghandle like this.
                    • Charity322

It's one of the merfolk.

LadySurly likes this.
                      • Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

What's so strange about that? (In Germany at least it is quite common to put rhubarb in quite a few drinks and dishes... Juice, jam, cake, crumble, Something called Kompott,...).

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Today I discovered that you can find lost books in the mine, by digging in sand spots with the hoe. Wasn't aware you could find them there before today... Makes me wonder why a lost book would be 50+ levels deep though...

wronghandle likes this.
                          • LuthienNightwolf

I finally just saw one on my save a couple days ago, that was the first time for me too! Maybe that means I'll get a faerie on this save too, still haven't had one visit on any of my 4 playthroughs yet. x.x'

WilliamZ likes this.
                            • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

You've never had a faerie visit, Luthien? I do get them occasionally... maybe they are afraid of all the slimes?

Finished my skull mines run once with a whopping ONE HIT POINT left. Honestly surprised that I didn't lose it, there was like 6 serpents surrounding me, bailed when there was 2 left and then saw I had the one hp left...

• LuthienNightwolf

Surprisingly no. It's rather disheartening really, since I'm more or less obsessed with faeries in rl (note how I spell the word lol). I have had several visits from the witch though. Wonder what that means. :rofl:

• Charity322

The witch has given me three void chicken eggs on this save. I want black slimes though. :rofl:

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Can a cow give birth when I don't do anything regarding the pregnancy? Either I did allow it accidentally or the cow and the goat are doing something when I'm not paying attention. Had a cow give birth and I was thinking "I don't think I did anything in regards to allowing pregnancy...yet she's just had a baby..."

• LuthienNightwolf

Pregnancy is allowed by default, you have to actually click the little utter icon to turn it off. Basically, you allowed it by not disallowing it. lol

• Charity322

Even when all your cows are female. There must be roving groups of males who come around and climb in the window.

nekoCrimson and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                                        • Stryder87

I'm utterly sure it's spelt Udder. hehehe.... sorry... couldn't help myself. Udder is such a funny word!! :avalilol: