Things you discovered today while playing SDV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charity322, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I discovered that apparently we have an electric blanket. Abigail told me she'd turned it on for us and I was all, oh I have one?

The Junimo hut gets boarded up in the winter. I never noticed that before.

Typhoon and Roskii Heiral like this.
    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Maybe that's where the electric blanket has been this whole time-- the Junimo have it in their snug little home, with their tiny mugs of cocoa and all the loot from your CC bundles. Pretty cushy setup those magic gumdrops have!

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now I imagine Abigail bravely threatening the Junimo with her sword in order to retrieve the blanket.

It also made me think, did anyone ever count the number of items the Junimo harvest? I never did. Maybe they take a percentage for themselves.

Typhoon, Dark_Yehn and Roskii Heiral like this.
        • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'm starting to think they control the rain. What's that, all the farmer's crops will be ready to harvest tomorrow? Guess we better make it rain so she has to do it herself!

And then they sit in their hut, with the aforementioned blankets and mugs of cocoa, watching me slog through the rain picking everything.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

What have I discovered? My tailbone gets really sore when I play for too long! Ouch!! :cry:

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

450+ hours and today was the first time I saw a frog just chilling out, not running away from me. Didn't even realize what it was at first. I guess Seb was telling the truth about frogs in the rain.

• LadySurly

LadySurly Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't realise you could harvest berries from certain bushes....just genuinely never thought to check them in over a year of playing! Wasn't until I looked at the wiki for something else...

• LuthienNightwolf

I did the same thing. haha I felt like such a derp when I found out I'd been passing up a free and readily available food/money source. >u<

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Followup to being able to catch fish in the bridge to the beach. Today an ore node spawned in one of those bridge tiles! I wonder if those 3 tiles are coded to do all the things water can do? I'll have to see if the game lets me put crab pots there.

Along similar lines, I discovered that I can catch fish in the tiles of Lonely Stone. Maybe the stone is just an illusion created by the merman to disguise a watery secret ...

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I didn't know there was an animation of the item going into the shipping box when you put it in the box! Really random, lol. Guess I didn't look at the box while shipping my items.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I discovered that if you go out after an event (Egg festival, in this case) that the people will show up really late at night. It was 11: 30 PM or so and Penny is with Vincent and Jas by the playground, Jas skipping rope. Haley is where she would normally be if it was 11: 30 AM... for whatever reason, things get screwed up when there's an event day (OR everyone is a vampire... come to think of it, I suggested Haley was a vampire long ago when I discovered her after an event. Maybe she's bitten the others? :p )

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Haley? A vampire? Don't be silly.

Everyone knows it's Jas who's the creepy undead childkin.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Just realized, by being an inquisitive little shite, that I could put a cactus fruit in a keg...

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                            • Muny

Muny Void-Bound Voyager

I learned that it is infact possible to catch a fish from the small pond by your Farmhouse. Although I have only caught Small Mouth Bass.:fishbowl:

WilliamZ likes this.
                              • wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

When I figured out coconut wine, I swore an oath never to bring home raw coconuts again.

Jack Of Shades likes this.
                                • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

You can also make jelly out of....rhubarb.

Jack Of Shades likes this.
                                  • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

This game goes from being a masterpiece to creating Frankenstein's monster on a daily. Yet still, oddly, masterpieces in their own rights. Righteous.

• LuthienNightwolf

Not my discovery, but my mom showed me that you can turn winter roots into winter seeds by themselves, no need to combine them with the other forage. Wonderful when you're trying to save the crystal fruit for wine!

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Yup. I throw those things in the seed maker and end up with over 300 seeds for growing in Winter. Keeps the crops coming in! :)

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

In the mines, observed two slimes, one with a heart over his head chasing another slime, with a ! over her head and getting as far as she can from this smitten slime. This brings up a question: will the chasee slime always have an exclamation point over their head, or does it vary? In this case, the slime being chased wanted no part of the smitten slime...