Things disappearing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuzzyman, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I put a slime incubator and slime press in the south woods. It was there long enough that it hatched one slime. The slime fell into the river and couldn't get out and the incubator and press disappeared.

I put a chest by Robin's so I could leave supplies there after hours so that the next day I could build something and the chest and supplies were gone the next day.

Have you had things just disappear?

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

If things are in anyone's walking path they will break them by walking into them.

nevyn21 likes this.
      • wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Equipment has evaporated in about 1/3 of my saves. Twice from farms of the standard map, one from the riverland map. At first I thought I'd advanced to a new story, along the lines of the Lost Book's mention of dwarves taking stuff. Now I don't know what to make of it. I don't see how NPCs could be godzilla-ing in those areas of my farm. Pets sometimes destroy stuff if one of their settings gets flipped, but the level of destruction isn't high enough for that. (Also most people with that issue actually witness it.)

sabrinatw likes this.
        • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

There are a few things that can break stuff left outside on the farm. Lightning can do it but the most common culprit is the weed clumps. If they spread into an occupied tile they'll destroy whats there. Pave under your chests, etc. to prevent it.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
          • Amaralighthand

Amaralighthand Space Hobo

I put a chest outside of Robins as well and it disappeared. was not in a NCP path. Lost 100 hard wood, 999 wood, 10 ore bars, and 5 cloth, and clay... took me forever to get the the wood and hardwood... can you revert to a different save day some how?

(Multiplayer game - I am the host - was playing alone)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
            • Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

@Amaralighthand
              Was it in winter? Since every villagers walks to the new winter market event there might be new npc paths

And your save files should have an "old" file, this one is from the 2. last day, you could try using that

• Amaralighthand

Amaralighthand Space Hobo

It is in the fall. 2nd - 3rd

How do I access the "old" file?

• Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

Click the windows start button and type in "%appdata" and hit enter. Then you can find them under "Stardew Valley" -> "Saves". Open the folder with your current save and move the file with the name and number somewhere else (incase you want to revert it) and delete the "_old" from the name of the other file.