Modding Discussion There any mod or way to change crew weapons?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Piero1983, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Piero1983

Piero1983 Intergalactic Tourist

It's awesome if you can just give some weapon for your soldier, or change they look individually instead entire crew

this pistol of a crewmedic have is ugly af

Attached Files:

2. Mobius58

Mobius58 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure about any mods but you can change crewmembers primary weapon with:
    /entityeval npc.setItemSlot("primary",ItemDescriptor item)

when your cursor is hovering over the npc you want to change(entityeval effects the entity where your cursor is located)

Then to make it permanent you need to assign it to storage or it will be replaced on the crew member is ever reloaded you can do this 2 ways:

First way is when their weapon is out type this:
    /entityeval storage.itemSlots.primary = npc.getItemSlot("primary")
    the second way is to put he correct descriptor for the primary item like: (if you do it this way then you can skip the first step and just beamdown with the crewmember and they should have the new weapon)
    /entityeval storage.itemSlots.primary = ItemDescriptor item

3. Piero1983

Piero1983 Intergalactic Tourist

Unfortunately don't work
    I do not know if I'm doing something wrong but with the first command only thing happened was the crew holding a matter manipulator with a perfect generic item
    Second and third commands give an error message of server

4. Mobius58

Mobius58 Void-Bound Voyager

It should work, I just tested again to make sure.
    The ItemDescriopter is a list of properties that define the weapon like color and whatnot, but if you just want the generic item you just put in the the name of the item so a titanium spear would be:

/entityeval npc.setItemSlot("primary","titaniumspear")

just to be safe use

/entityeval storage.itemSlots.primary = npc.getItemSlot("primary")

once the weapon has been assigned, it should make sure the format is correct