1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated The Wings of Kluex v1.3

Avians will call you the reincarnation of Kluex with these!

1. RetroCyrus

RetroCyrus Void-Bound Voyager

RetroCyrus submitted a new mod:

The Wings of Kluex - Avians will call you the reincarnation of Kluex with these!

Read more about this mod...

2. RetroCyrus

ToDo List for next update:
    Green = Completed
    Yellow = In Progress
    Red = Haven't Started

Crafting Table: Sacrificial Crafting Table
    Item: Central Heater
    Item: Flight Control
    Item: Oxygen Generator
    Item: Wing Mechanism
    Item: Robotic Wings
    Item: Blood of an Avian
    Tech: Wing Tech
    Update: Kluex's Wings
    Update: Wing animation
    Update: Wing color
    Update: Wing Design (May not happen)
    Codex: Add codex information
    Codex: Add quests; Race Locked to Avians

Additional Info:
    With the addition of new items, the crafting for the wings is bound to change. With this, I am inclined to also change some of the abilities the wings give you.

What does this mean to you?
    It means the wings in the current version will be "outdated". Yes, they are technically the same item, but since they were crafted in an older version, they will keep that versions abilities.
    It also means you will have to re-craft the wings to get the updated version.

Overall, though, I believe that it will make this mod more fair, and fit into the lore and tiers of the game much better. This item is insanely overpowered in consideration, even if its an end-game item, so changing it to become harder to obtain only makes sense.

If you have any questions, comments, ideas or concerns with this mod, please leave a reply in the discussion below. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  3. RetroCyrus

4. RetroCyrus

RetroCyrus updated The Wings of Kluex with a new update entry:

Update v1.1.2 - Minor Visual Changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. RetroCyrus

Teaser for the next update:
    -5 new items, used in crafting
    -New recipe
    -Better, more natural looking wing animation!

6. RetroCyrus

RetroCyrus updated The Wings of Kluex with a new update entry:

Update 1.3 - The Major Crafting Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. FriendOfTheUnknown

FriendOfTheUnknown Void-Bound Voyager

i read the review about the different colors, and i thought " hey, why not make this compatible with the dye mod?" it could make the process easier. but thats just my opinion;)

8. RetroCyrus

We were thinking of doing that, as it would make things much easier than creating 12+ different copies of the wings :V
    Thanks for the suggestion, though!

9. ymri

ymri Void-Bound Voyager

Will you do a nightly version of the mod ? Because it looks sooooo awesome and I would like to check it out.

10. RetroCyrus

Once I have added everything to the final release of the mod (Or at least until we can think of more things to add/fix), I will consider downloading and patching it for the latest nightly. :)

11. ymri

ymri Void-Bound Voyager

OK thanks ! You're going to add more content ? So it's going to be even more awesome :D !

12. ymri

ymri Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for the double post but here are some suggestions :
    -Pack the avian record table with this and maybe you should change the song to a song that fits avians like a tribal/maya/aztek one. If you do it, maybe we should be able to choose from a list of song
    -You could add a vanity (or not) Kluex armor
    -Add a Kluex statue because there are only statues of bunnies and of "hero"
    -Add a sword of Kluex
    (sorry if one of these is already included but I din't played to with this mod already beacuse I'm using nightly builds)

13. RetroCyrus

Those all sound like great suggestions, thank you for sharing them!
    Ive admittedly been rather lazy as of late, but development should start up again sometime soon!

One thing though that I cant help but point out; There are already around 3 weapons of Kluex in vanilla Starbound (The Wing of Kluex used to make the wings for example), so unless we were to create an even more powerful weapon, that suggestion may stay out of the mod for now.
    Thanks again though!

14. ymri

ymri Void-Bound Voyager

No problem ! And yeah I realized there was craftable weapons of Kluex in vanilla so even if you decide to do it anyway I don't recommend to focus on it now. Also, here is another suggestion ^^ :
    Maybe you could add some items you can put on walls like a solar calendar or things like that to add even more furniture that fits the Avian's tribal theme.

15. alepiusaja

alepiusaja Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it was great mod :iswydt: but if you can remove the hunger effect would be cool will ya?????:up::up::up:

16. MasterofKittens

MasterofKittens Subatomic Cosmonaut

This looks really cool! I think it might be neat to add endgame god items for the other races as well. Also, doesn't the player hate Kleux? I think in the backstory it says the Avian player is an atheist. Keep up the good work though.

17. RetroCyrus

Thanks for the support and kind words!

As a small "announcement", once the next stable is released in January (If the devs keep their words!) I most likely will not be updating this mod to become compatible.
    However, once everything is figured out, I will most likely create a new mod, based of WoK, and as you said make items and armors for more races.

As to Kluex, I believe you are right. If anything, this mod was just a fun idea between a friend and I. I roleplay my personal Avian to be a "Monk of Kluex" of sorts, so its not meant to be taken too seriously in the lore.
    (In the mod in the next build though, I will try my best to make everything more lore friendly!)

18. alepiusaja

alepiusaja Scruffy Nerf-Herder

and add glide ability for the wings by holding space bar??

19. RetroCyrus

Will definitely keep it in mind! ;)

20. Stingerking999

Stingerking999 Intergalactic Tourist

it's awesome but i have a small problem. i'm playing on a mac, and for some reason in my game any modded drops from monsters don't drop at all. therefore i cannot get the avian blood. please add a thing where if you're an avian you can extract blood from yourself or somehow craft it. that would be very helpful. maybe you could make the crafting recipe this: red stim pack-3, red dye-3, empty syringe-1. also make craftable syringes. something like glass and an iron bar for the needle.