1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed The whole Pre-Order idea.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by HellsArmy141, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellsArmy141

HellsArmy141 Space Spelunker

Okay so A while ago I pre-ordered the Pixel Tier, it says I get: 1 Copy of Starbound + Steam Key, 1 Beta Invite, and the Soundtrack.
    Now my question is, do I get the game when it comes to beta and can I give my Beta key to a friend, but still have the game myself? It may seem like a dumb question but it has put me in a bit of a pickle.

2. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

A key is like buying a gift card, it's a specific item that carries currencial:)D) value.

So, no, you can only use one key for one person and yes, you do get the game on December 4th.

Jonesy likes this.
  3. HellsArmy141

HellsArmy141 Space Spelunker

That is not what I meant to say, I meant to say; can I give my friend the beta invite but still be able to redeem my steam key?

4. Xanoxt

Xanoxt Void-Bound Voyager

"Beta Invite" is just an ability to participate in Beta once it starts. You use your steam key to do it. Since you only have one key, you can either use it yourself or give it to a friend.

5. Insanitor

Insanitor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Copy of starbound + steam key: Your game, which you purchased... and ofcouse a key, so you can get it onto your Steam account
    Beta invite: it's your invitation... cause you preordered, you're invited to beta..
    soundtrack: says itself...

6. Far known it's possible to use your humble key to download the game itself, + award the steam key to a friend.
    Still since the beta is only steam at start, usage of the stea key will be required.

7. You aren't supposed to, however. You get both to give you the option to play the DRM-free version or the Steam version at your choice, but it's supposed to be treated as one copy for you (or in the case of a gifted pre-order, the recipient).

8. Yes forgot to mention that :notworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.