1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wallpaper of the Marchtimes (By Bietol)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Darthkitten, Mar 15, 2013.

?

To Quote Fetalstar: What race is your favorite?

1. Avian

38 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. Glitch

78 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. Human

63 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. Floran

86 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Hylotl

66 vote(s)
    17.7%
  6. Apex

42 vote(s)
    11.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

its all a matter of opinion I suppose :3

2. His statement holds no ground in terms of breaking the rules, and does not require anyone to lecture him to do better [unless you have power over him]. That is not a matter of opinion.

3. Zain Hallows

neither does mine :3 so it is opinion on who you think it in the wrong. I never said he was breaking any rules, and nor did I lecture him, I merely stated a common rule of thumb, weather I was wrong or not though is still just opinion depending on who you are.

4. Likewise, what you say hardly makes any coherent sense anymore.

You refuse to acknowledge the simple fact: He is doing nothing wrong and you have no right to tell him to not say anything at all if he has "nothing good to say", that in which is a rather counter-productive form in itself.

5. Lawl's feedback is fine. It's mostly about himself and his preference, and not really a statement about the work itself (aside from "it's ok I guess", which is a fairly neutral remark).

This helps to give me a better understanding of the aesthetic tastes of the people here - not that I will necessarily make immediate changes, but it might be good to know in the future.

6. Zain Hallows

i'm making perfect sense xD I already stated I understand that he wasn't doing anything wrong, to you that is, to me It is wrong. so its opinion. also that is just a rule of thumb, I would hope he knew this already, if not then I reminded him.
    also there's no need to argue this so hard, if it makes you feel better, I was wrong in assume he wasn't being nice...BUT even so I never stated he was in the wrong so really, this is a pointless battle.
    plus if you want to argue just pm me so we can stop derailing this whole thread.
    also any more posts on this topic will be ignored :3 I don't want to continue this argument any further here.

7. Rule of thumb, seriously? Do you know how greatly unreliable/counter-productive this "rule of thumb" is/can be? It's an excuse people made because they couldn't handle comments such as what was mentioned because of being overly sensitive [and by overly sensitive, I mean those who take offense on things that are "not good", which can also be "not bad"]. They do not need to know this, because it's not wrong to not follow it. Not to mention it's counter-productive, in that case it's better to not follow it.

You mentioning "I never stated he was wrong" makes this even worse, because that's not the point here. The point is you telling him this stuff when he doesn't have to know any of this, let alone be lectured of this stuff.

8. Scienta

Scienta Pangalactic Porcupine

I will play the glitch, but this drawing alone has sparked interest into the Apex. They are hands down the best drawn of the races here in my opinion.

HedgeFlanders and Bietol like this.
  9. I love posts like this.
    Completly irrelevant to the current conversation, yet exactly what is to be expected on this thread.

Scienta likes this.
  10. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Let's say it,wall of text are not funny.And those are suika's wall of text.

11. IReallyHateYouPeople

IReallyHateYouPeople Pangalactic Porcupine

Not many avian fans

12. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

It's strange how it's a perfect bell curve

13. Odd how the one in the front and the one in the back has the highest count

14. xXSunSlayerXx

xXSunSlayerXx Cosmic Narwhal

by the way, we totally need a glitch maid follower npc. :up:

make it happen, devs!

15. Blue

Blue Former Staff

Isn't that a quote from the movie "Contact"?

16. Shiftyeyesshady

Shiftyeyesshady Space Penguin Leader

Yes. I'm a huge scifi/space geek. :D

17. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really don't like the Hylotl's head and neck in this picture. It's clear to see from the in-game sprites that Hylotl necks look nothing like that and the Hylotl in this picture looks like a whale because of it. I think the February wallpaper is a much, much better representation of the Hylotl.

18. Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

The artist said he based the hylotl after a whale.
    He wanted to make the races look less human.

19. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whales were really the wrong way to go. Hylotls are more inspired by amphibians and reptiles.

20. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

I think this wallpaper was more about the way the artist sees and imagines the race. Since everything is pixelated you need a bit of your own imaginative input. I remember Bietol based the female hylot off a fox rather than an aquatic creature. Personally the whale is fine, its fun its different its nice to see a different view once in a while

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.