1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wallpaper of the Marchtimes (By Bietol)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Darthkitten, Mar 15, 2013.

?

To Quote Fetalstar: What race is your favorite?

1. Avian

38 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. Glitch

78 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. Human

63 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. Floran

86 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Hylotl

66 vote(s)
    17.7%
  6. Apex

42 vote(s)
    11.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dead_videos

dead_videos Big Damn Hero

backpedal a page or so and look about, they are all ( save the humans) on here already.

2. Yup. It makes it easier for me to move them around to adjust for the layout (they are slightly repositioned in the 4:3 aspect ratio of the wallpaper).
    Everyone above the male Hylotl has a full body portrait, while the others stop short when they go past the bottom of the screen.

And the Hylotl himself has no feet.
    He is a ghost.

3. Seiga

Seiga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oh I can no longer use this wallpaper. it is 2spooky for me.

4. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

HYLOTL DROWNED. :chucklefish:

Kitty Box and Breather like this.
  5. Kitty Box

Kitty Box Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if relevant or not but that legitimately reminded me of BEN DROWNED :rofl:

Mianso likes this.
  6. Really great job on this! :ninja:

7. Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

What about cows?
    They have those big udders that the bulls do not.

8. Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

I never saw a post with Avian and Apex females, though...

9. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Yea, but they don't expand during sexual maturity.
    Oh drat, I have spoken a taboo subject on this forum - ban me.

10. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

ima be honest :D FREAKING LOVE HYLOTLE

11. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

It's ok I guess, I just really don't like the style... manga just looks weird to me . * shrugs*

12. Zain Hallows

*cough* if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :3 *cough*

edit... if your going to give your opinion of something, please let it be good or constructive? instead of "meh this is okay, but I don't like it" that helps nobody :3

13. That wasn't really mean.

It's ok to not like things, but don't be a dick about it.
    He wasn't being a dick.

I too dislike certain styles of japanese animation/magna/whateverthehellwhycan'ttherejustbeonewordforthedamnthing.

14. Zain Hallows

I wasn't being mean xD, if I was it would have been much more...angry?
    anyway, point is, there was no need for his comment, regardless of him being mean or not.
    it wasn't constructive or helpful in any way.
    and also xD I wasn't being a dick, telling somebody "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" is more of a lesson.
    sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I assure you I wasn't saying it to be mean :3

15. I'm not saying you were mean, I was saying he wasn't.
    He's simply stating his thoughts in a calm and controled matter, and he has the right to do so.

16. Wouldn't you say the same for "omg this looks awesome" or "HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO BEAST ASKDJSHFL"? I find nothing constructive or helpful in those comments.

Before you say anything related to positive reinforcement, I'm going to have to butt in and say negative reinforcement exists as well, along with positive and negative punishment.

17. Zain Hallows

and am I not aloud to do the same? I also said in a calm manner that I thought his comment wasn't constructive. so I don't really think i'm at fault here

true :3 but those are also not necessary. they are just nice to have.

edit, also we are super off topic :3 if you want to continue this conversation with me, then pm me.

18. Then it's safe to say you did the same thing you asked another not to do:

19. Zain Hallows

but the difference being mine was positive! and while not needed, its not like anybody would take it the wrong way :3 if I had said "damn I hate how you draw *insert race here* but that's just me" would that not be considered as mean or hurtful?

20. From what I can see right now, you're the only one who has taken "It's ok I guess, I just really don't like the style... manga just looks weird to me . * shrugs*" the wrong way. He gave his remarks in an acceptable manner. They are not required to do more than what they need to do.

As for your second remark "damn I hate how you draw *insert race here* but that's just me", that's not mean in any way. It is actually helpful, as it sparks questions that the artist may ask. "Why do you hate it?", "Did I do something wrong?", these are some questions the artist can ask should he be concerned. Negative statements are usually more helpful than positive in terms of improvement. Likewise, positive statements are usually more helpful in terms of esteem. Nevertheless, I would advice not to disregard negative connotations, whether insulting or not [though it is advised to report offensive comments as it is against the rules], as it can help build not only self-esteem but improve your artwork instead.

More here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.