1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wallpaper of the Marchtimes (By Bietol)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Darthkitten, Mar 15, 2013.

?

To Quote Fetalstar: What race is your favorite?

1. Avian

38 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. Glitch

78 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. Human

63 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. Floran

86 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Hylotl

66 vote(s)
    17.7%
  6. Apex

42 vote(s)
    11.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

Pfft, I'd take Bietol's representation of the Avians over mine. I always was pretty bad at drawing birds.
    Also, I'm not really a ~concept artist~. The sprite for the Avians came first, Tiy just really wanted something to post with their announcement.

Tho as the ~concept artist~ for Florans and Hylotls, I'd say that they were totally spot on. ♥

EDIT: ALSO ALSO.
    I'm glad that Bietol kept with the whole... female Avians don't really have boobs thing.
    Did you guys know that the Avian I drew for the announcement is actually a female?

2. Seiga

Seiga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh but they already have. Have you not seen the scans for the official Starbound manga?

[​IMG]

aaaa I'm sorry for drawposting in this thread so much. I just couldn't resist this last one.

Hewwy, Tyto, xXSunSlayerXx and 9 others like this.
  3. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Sokina can have her crush on the female Glitch, I want both of those Florans.

LastDay, Sakaru and Bietol like this.
  4. And for Sokina, the Glitch!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tyto, Canine, Sp3ct3r_2k11 and 17 others like this.
  5. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

Hnnng. I'm gonna edit her into my desktop background so she can watch me play windowed games.

Wow, I think I have a problem. ♥

Canine, olisr, Breather and 2 others like this.
  6. I think I will stop with these two for now.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Luna, Tyto, Canine and 12 others like this.
  7. Seiga

Seiga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought people were making too big of a fuss over a robot maid, popular to contrary belief, but... oh me oh my. I was wrong.

[​IMG]

also you are a Cool Guy Bietol for these nice individual images as a bonus to the wallpaper, that is now the truth and the facts
    edit: except now that I can see the full Hylotl I can see I coloured his forearms wrong. SHET

I did not know this and now I must readjust. *Bzrrrp-zzzzrrrrp-zrrrp-clunk*

demanrisu likes this.
  8. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

i go for the human girl :love:

9. Did you know that Burattino is the Russian Pinocchio?X3

Also, female Hylotl... She is... *gasp* nosebleed.png

Breather and Suika Ibuki like this.
  10. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

Nope I did not see that :p. But I expected that this kind of stuff was already in motion, I just hope there will be other style than manga. Not that I dont like it but more style of drawing/writting is alway good.

11. BettyHime

BettyHime Void-Bound Voyager

Inspired me to doodle this, we'll ignore all the crappy pen lines.
    doodles.png

HedgeFlanders, Tyto, LastDay and 7 others like this.
  12. The Thing

That make sense given the race but then that make me wonder why Floran, Hylotland and maybe even the Glitch have them. Unless the Hylotlare actually sort of like dolphin and whales but I'm pretty sure it was not the case.

13. fetalstar

If you're talking about the actual sprites, that was a decision by Tiy, to make the different genders more noticeable. I actually would have loved for the Hylotls and the Florans to be more androgynous with their sprites, buut that wasn't up to me. But if I actually draw them, I keep them flat chested too.

As for the Glitch, well, why not? Robots can be built with boobs! But I had nothing to do with them.

14. The Thing

Thanks, that comfirm what I tough about this. Indeed it would have been hard to make them look apart with so little room to work with.

15. Glitch teats are just a pair of charged terminals, one positive and the other negative. Infants are laid across the breast to be supplied with a gentle direct current from the mother's body.

Hewwy, HedgeFlanders, Walross and 7 others like this.
  16. fetalstar

Sounds legit to me! :D

HedgeFlanders, LastDay and Breather like this.
  17. But... When the Glitch reproduce... They already build a grown-up individual?

*implodes*

HedgeFlanders and LastDay like this.
  18. The Thing

Errr.... yes, of course that is how it work... my idea that they might have been modeled after their creator who might have been human looking was totaly wrong. Dont know why I ever tought that.

19. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

God, the female apex is sexy.

HedgeFlanders likes this.
  20. whoops
    replace "infant" with "man-child"

Though I'd think it a very strange that if you were to build a race "as a means of simulating the social and technological progress of a civilization" that you would omit the stages of life prior to adulthood.

Unless children aren't really involved in the development of families and societies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.