The Unequal Egalitarians

Discussion in 'Writing' started by CondescendedWow, Jan 2, 2016.

1. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

THE UNEQUAL EGALITARIANS.
    This story is one about 7 villages. These 7 villages are all situated 10 miles from each other in a hexagon, because yes, one village is separate from this pattern, why is this all so important? Because each village is inhabited by a different race, each village is opposite to the species that it most different from itself, a description of such order being:
    Florans are opposite to the Glitch, one is of nature and the other is of machine.
    Hylotl opposite to Novakid, of water and of fire.
    And Apex opposite to Avian, of science and of faith.
    One catch; these races all focus on the negatives, they look at why each race near them in inferior, every villager lives in the constant fear of conflict, as well as the atmosphere of hatred. Nobody is allowed to immigrate or emigrate from village to village, not even to visit or view the scenery, these villages expand outwards and take resources from the land behind them, often coming into a political knot for lumberjacks and workers of the sort accidentally taking resources from another village's territory.
    Now, the south-western most village, the Florans, have discovered another village, not only a village but a town, a human town.
    This human town is hidden away from the other races, the people who live in it know nothing of the other races because they live in a very secluded utopia.
    This is the story of when the humans become involved in these inter-species politics.

Now that the summary is over I'd like to say thank you for reading, this novel is going to be an ongoing project for myself, I still haven't worked everything out and I have yet to write the first chapter but please do discuss the story in the comments, I'll add chapters to the OP as much as I can.

2. Cally94

Cally94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea based on the summary. Sounds like a great base for setting up a large, living, and functioning world centered on these villages. Can't wait for the first chapter. :)

camerox and CondescendedWow like this.
  3. CondescendedWow

Yay thank you! I won't disappoint, I promise!

camerox and Cally94 like this.
  4. Cally94

Cally94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have complete faith :)

5. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

This actually sounds really neat! Kinda excited for it! Reminds me the web-comic Two-Kinds.

6. CondescendedWow

I've got some more of the plot and so on developed, characters are getting shot out of the cannon like crazy and I've even developed the entire world for the setting.
    Chapter one will be coming out soon! (Hopefully lol)

Alkanthe and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  7. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

Looking forward to it! ^.^

CondescendedWow likes this.
  8. CondescendedWow

Looking to change the name though, it seems like a crappy name to me. (~_~;)

9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Looking forward to seeing certain children featured!

CondescendedWow likes this.
  10. CondescendedWow

Me too!

Speaking of which I forgot to mention a teaser for a certain very handsome fellow!
    One of the main characters of the storyyyy....

[​IMG]

Alkanthe likes this.
  11. Rex Blackbeak

Rex Blackbeak Spaceman Spiff

i thought it would be of fur and feather :p lel

12. CondescendedWow

Good point, that's a little more of a physical difference, which is definitely A focus.
    But I chose science and faith because that's a major cultural difference as opposed to birds and mammals, which can be seen with the other differences.

Alkanthe likes this.