1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Transmutation Chest v 0.2.3 - Glad Giraffe

Create a chest to transmute your unused materials to the ones you really need.

1. maelstrom66669

maelstrom66669 Orbital Explorer

im stuck on making the recipe book, tried looking at the videos, 8 of them have that name, but they all say cannot be found or have been deleted

2. trevtrev800

trevtrev800 Pangalactic Porcupine

I will have to check later, but I think the recipe book is made in your normal crafting window by pressing [C]

3. maelstrom66669

maelstrom66669 Orbital Explorer

the only place i can find to craft the recipe book is at the crafting table for 10 plant fibre and 3 leather, however leather doesnt seem to drop anymore as of the last update, tried clearing whole planet with my bow and it only drops various meat

edit: was able to spawn leather in admin mode, so that got me past it

also, while gathering 100 meat(all mine was cooked) i did manage to get 1 leather, so apparently it DOES still drop, just not with any kind of regularity

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  4. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

I'm loving this mod! But, like I said in my review, the transmute values file is outdated. Items/objects/blocks were added, IDs were changed, and tiers were changed. Leather is now very rare; aegisaltbar, violiumbar, and rubiumbar are now refinedaegisalt, refinedviolium, and refinedrubium, respectively, and are on the same tier; feroziumbar, imperviumbar, and ceruliumbar are now feroziumcompound, imperviumcompound, and ceruliumcompound, respectively, and are on the same tier; Coffee Beans, Coffee Seeds, Paper, and Reeds (among many other things) now exist...

5. Dzony_B

Dzony_B Subatomic Cosmonaut

what the hell is that hint??? OE OE OE???

ah.. why not make it just craftable on crafting table with no complicated stuff and leather... you cant get leather in latest update. :(

6. Nate McCloud

The hint is an indication of the formation you should place the items in in the Golden Chest. And you CAN get leather in the latest update, it's just not available on Harmless and Mostly Harmless planets. Growing danger levels increase the chances of getting Leather from monsters killed with hunting weapons.

Dzony_B likes this.
  7. DinixM

DinixM Void-Bound Voyager

Opening a Transmutation Chest on multiplayer causes a CTD. Log says something about transmute.config being missing.

EDIT: This was my computer's fault. Silly thing. HOWEVER! All high-tier metals (augisalt, rubium, and violim, etc.) are completely non-transmutable. Tried multiple times, can't use them at all in there.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  8. ukbajwa10

ukbajwa10 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey uh the new Industrialization (ISE-3) items dont work with the transmutation chest? I understand you're probably busy adding in the new items from upbeat giraffe but I'd be happy if you could add those in when you get the time :)

9. Nate McCloud

That would be because the current versions of the high-tier metals are using a different tier format than the old versions, and the current versions are no longer <metal>ingot, but <metal>compound.

10. DinixM

Actually, this was because my computer had to perform a restore and, for whatever reason, decided select Starbound mod files were harmful and scrapped them.

11. Nate McCloud

That would do it, too.

12. DinixM

Indeed it would.

13. trevtrev800

Woah, lots of discussion since I have been on. It has been a while. Thanks for all the feedback! I will try to get to adding the newest ores soon.

14. trevtrev800

ukbajwa10 likes this.
  15. trevtrev800

16. coco32

coco32 Orbital Explorer

I do not understand questu HELP plz
    [​IMG]

17. trevtrev800

This Ingredients list is a hint about the items you need. Place the dusts and book inside one of your golden chests. Use the pattern in the quest log.

[R] [M] [M] [O] [E] [M] [M] [ ]
    [ ] [ ] [ ] [O] [E] [ ] [ ] [ ]

coco32 likes this.
  18. Starbound0101

Starbound0101 Big Damn Hero

i need help, i only know how to install mods if its a mod-pak file
    this is a .zip with lots of stuff in it so i dont know where to put it.
    P.S. i put the mods in; Computer/OS (C:)/Games/Starbound Upbeat Giraffe v17.02.2015/giraffe_storage/mods

19. trevtrev800

it similar to the mod-pak style. Simply unzip the folder in your mods folder. It should look like this:

upload_2015-12-15_21-8-56.png

However, it doesn't look like the mod is working with the latest version of Starbound. It looks like I need to modify the quest scripts to get them to work again.

20. trevtrev800