The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Larindel

Larindel Poptop Tamer

In Germany, "Onkel Doktor" (= Uncle Doctor) is a term you often use when you talk to little children. Like "Oh, you're not feeling good? Let's go see Uncle Doctor!"
    I think it means the same in this case, so Sam might refer to his mother treating him like a small child that has to visit "Uncle Doctor".

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I haven't, but I wouldn't worry too much. If Jodi has a sibling, Harvey has a sibling, and those two marry, by proxy Harvey is Sam's uncle...(I think)

I was thinking, Abby talks about going on adventures and practicing her sword...but she's terrified of spiders, would things like skeletons be too much for her?

plattym3 likes this.
      • UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know. Spiders exist on some seriously spooky level I hear. One of my best friends is one of the toughest and most courageous people I know, but spiders freak him out. Snakes are fine. Skeletons , even animated would not bother him. But a tiny damn spider.. Wow. It's a little ridiculous in a way. LOL

So I would think fear of something that is a phobia might be specific enough to over-ride 'logic' and make some-one less scared of something normal people would think of as more scary than what their phobia item is. ??

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

It finally happened!!!! After playing this game for over two years, I finally saw my first Merperson!!

Merperson.jpg
          One more thing off my bucket list! haha

• tangeriney

tangeriney Subatomic Cosmonaut

ZAPHOD BEEBLEBROX YAAAAASSSS (where's his other head, tho)
            -- yes I know the first post was almost 30 pages ago but I can't not comment on a Hitchhiker's Guide reference

ahem, anyway

Has anyone else co-opted the Mountain Dew slogan for Stardew Valley?
            Me, sitting down at my computer: "TIME TO DO THE DEW!!!"

Stryder87 and plattym3 like this.
            • Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Is anyone having a hard time getting Mayor Lewis statue?
              I got it in a previous game play. Made a new farm, got the note and walked all the way there but nothing happens...

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Mayor Lewis has a statue? What about a statue of Abby brandishing a sword or George pre-wheelchair bound? I wonder if there's a thing for how many eggs thrown at the statue? (In SimCity 3000 when the mayor gets their own house there's a line of "eggs thrown" suggestion the mayor's not all that liked)

I do wonder if you can commission Leah to make statues in the future. They would cost a fair amount and she wouldn't start doing them until you have her at 2 hearts, but it would be fun to have a statue of a junimo (painted with your favorite color) or a statue of one of the residents of Pelican Town. Depending on your feelings of the individual, you can use the statue to admire at it...or throw eggs and darts at it!

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Finally, someone has come up with a legitimate use for the slingshot!

Stryder87 likes this.
                  • Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Yeah... if only I could get the damn statue in this new game play... :catconfused:

• One More Day

Decided on the spur of the moment to go for a casual poke around in the skull cavern while I was over in the desert buying a few statues of happiness, which is why I have no bombs or stones, just my pickaxe to break stones, and I stumbled on an unusually large amount of iridium on level 11. Doubt I've seen this much on a single floor before at least level 100 until today

20180729002802_1.jpg

BentFX and plattym3 like this.
                      • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Clearly the Stardew Valley crop fairy is diversifying to other areas and turned 3 iridium nodes into 11!

Before I forget, does anyone visit you in the Skull mines? I've heard in the beta that Abby shows up a few times in the regular mine, does she do the same in the Skull mine?

One More Day and plattym3 like this.
                        • Stryder87

So I had this happen again today and I thought I'd chronicle it for fun.

Notice in the first image there is no Help Wanted exclamation mark on the bulletin board, yet thanks to UIInfoSuite, there is a blank one you can accept when you press E and click on the bulletin board option.

Bulliten Board - Wat 01.jpg
                          So what happens when you click accept and then check your Journal? Behold... the infamous 'Wat?'!

Bulliten Board - Wat 02.jpg
                          Neat trick!
                          :avalibleh:

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I think if you've got CJB_CheatsMenu you can use it to get credit for the wat? It won't give you any reward for quests, just marks them as as completed to work toward gopher and big help.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

You know what would be fun is, if those were all Iridium Crabs and when you hit one they all wake up. :D

plattym3 likes this.
                              • One More Day

Haha, yeah, that would have sucked. Confession time, I did actually have one bomb further down in my backpack, which was a drop from a green serpent, so I used that.

BentFX likes this.
                                • Stryder87

Random thought...

It's interesting how there was a flood of 'new' (to me at least) people posting on the forums once the v1.3 Beta started compared to the year and a half before. I guess everyone was just quietly and happily percolating away on their farms. :avail:D:

At least I noticed an immediate increase in volume of posts and different names... dunno if anyone else did. I guess there's more happy farmers than I originally thought. Yay us! :cathug:

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I kind of noticed a good few newcomers starting to trickle in. I suppose with multiplayer coming out, there's more of a reason to step into the community, isn't there?

I'm glad that there was more activity, though! Always good to see people around.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I think with a lot of people loving multiplayer there's been a bunch of newcomers as a result!

New thing I noticed, multiple shipping bins allowed now. Good stuff! :)

EDIT: noticed after starting a new game that there's more dialogue, I don't recall Robin ever discussing the community center and Lewis discussing it after the cut scene was new too. Makes me wonder if there's other new dialogue bits!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
                                        ashuriirian likes this.
                                      • JazeQ

JazeQ Star Wrangler

anyone experience pam's new heart event?

• ashuriirian

ashuriirian Intergalactic Tourist

[​IMG]
                                          [​IMG]
                                          lots of things came with the new update but mine stopped working rip