The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I think I figured out a way to help with the wood issue, especially with the (insane) price increase in v1.3...
    I made a thing. :)
    Forestry.jpg

Oh, and after two days of thunderstorms, my piggies were aching for some goodies!
    Busy Piggies.jpg
    I got 21 Iridium truffles from them that day. :)

BentFX likes this.
    • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I haven't tried it yet, but I've got it from a pretty reliable source, if you position yourself on the far right end of the railroad tracks the train will kill you. With multiplayer the screenshot could be epic. Being run down by the train while your buddy holds your beer.

Stryder87 likes this.
      • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Have you checked this out, yet? I'm really curious. I'm in the "No Way" camp, but always prepared to be proven wrong.

In other matters, I've been going back through earlier playthroughs--and noticed just how wonderfully different my avatars' farmhouses and their exteriors (on occasion) looked with different spouses. CA really does a fine job on those strange little details that add nothing substantive (as some bottom liners would say) to profits, but really offer a unique feel to result. Alex vs. Emily? Leah vs. Sebastian? Visually intense. And I'm not even going to get into the complaints about moving underwear off the bathroom floor and into the hamper...

• davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

What price increase? I have not tried the 1.3 yet, I did not know there was an increase in prices, you can give some example of that increase?

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

In year 2 the price of buying wood from Robin goes from 10g to 50g, and stone goes from 20g to 100g

Clint also raises his prices. Copper ores are now 150g each, iron ore and coal are 250g each and gold ore is now 750g each

• davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Oh I see, well, people know how to become a millionaire already, it does not seem like a big problem hehe, I never buy anything in store, just seeds, the backpack and tools improvements, and things I can not make like vinegar and something else I think, ay recipes, the rest I like to get it myself, if I think about it, money does not really mean much to me.

Once you spend what you have to spend, the money does not help anymore, of course to get to that point you have to be very advanced, and money is necessary for all xD (but I have never bought minerals, not if I can get them myself)

• Stryder87

Totally random, but still farming related. :)

I grew dill weed on my balcony last year. About mid-summer I threw some trimmings into the big garbage can I have on my balcony (into the bag in the can, not the can itself). We had a pretty hot summer, so the garbage can got hot. Ever since then, whenever I open my garbage can, I smell dill. No matter how full the garbage can is, or how long it's been full, I don't smell the garbage at all, I just smell dill. Even this morning when I went to empty it, I still smell dill, and it's almost a year later since that first happened. I find that so completely amazing! It's also a whole lot better than smelling garbage since I love the smell of dill!! The smell baked into the plastic of the garbage can and now it's acting like a deodorant.

That just blows me away.
                Anyway, had to share. :)

Anhaga likes this.
                • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I think the only objection I have to the price increase is tying it to a preset date and not a financial milestone. Some people do prefer to play at a more leisurely pace, and having the price hike be automatic after a year simply penalizes that a little. Sure, have them hike the prices, but base it on how much money the player makes-- tie the increase to the milestone of making your first million, or 500,000, or what have you, that way it doesn't sting the players who aren't trying to become millionaires. (Yes, I will play the counter argument, doing it that way penalizes the people who work to make that much money, and I see that side of things, but as you point out, there's a point where you'll be making so much money you won't even know what to do with it, and if you're making that much you've probably already optimized for as much wood and stone as you're likely to need.)

Try growing rosemary. That stuff is fantastic for spreading the scent around. I hang bunches of it in my kitchen sometimes (I grow a rosemary bush that's about three feet tall in my garden) and it smells wonderful.

Zatnik likes this.
                  • Erick648

Erick648 Pangalactic Porcupine

I just got the following message from Penny (possibly paraphrased):
                    "Do you want to know a secret? My mom really likes 'Beer.'"

Um, that's not really a secret.

ladymurasaki likes this.
                    • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

While it means that Penny's starting to like you by telling you things that those important to her will like... I think pretty much everyone outside of Vincent and Jas is fully aware Pam loves her alcohol.

Erick648 likes this.
                      • Lt. Col. of Truth

Lt. Col. of Truth Seal Broken

Yeah, it'll kill ya. It's not any worse than dying in the mine. You go into the tunnel on the right and the train follows you in, then it's just oof-oof-oof-oof and your life meter squirts, Harvey does some emergency procedure, you lose some money and possibly items from your incentory.

Once you and the train are both in the tunnel I don't think you can get away.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Borodin likes this.
                        • Rebel91

Rebel91 Seal Broken

Hmmm

Attached Files:

• ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

¬_¬ boys

• Stryder87

*snerk*

ladymurasaki and musical74 like this.
                              • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

"Help wanted, Clint wants to check out 30 copper ore for a geological survey"

Problem: It's day 3 of year one, so there's no way to get to the mine to get the 30 ore needed. I don't do these "I need X ore" requests anyway, but this one was "there's no physical way to get to the mine until after the 2 days is up" unless Clint has some secret dealings with Joja!

• Erick648

Erick648 Pangalactic Porcupine

On a related note, I was introducing my Mom to the game via multiplayer, and she listed her favorite thing as "dogs"...which led to an interesting reaction when she got her first stardrop ("...the taste reminds you of dogs.").

Fuzzyman likes this.
                                  • Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

I found out that Jodi's dinner event has alternative dialogue for when Kent is there!

Attached Files:

• Stryder87

I'd heard about that, but never experienced it myself. Interesting. Thanks for posting the screenie.

• Lt. Col. of Truth

Lt. Col. of Truth Seal Broken

I noticed that on one playthrough. I didn't pay close enough attention so I purposely put it off in a later game to look closer. You don't get any friendship perk from Kent.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk