The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

No problem! hehe I'm a bit weird for these things, usually when I read something that indicates that there is a bug that can be used to do something, I run and do not look or read anything haha

Curiosity could me, and I've seen that video, that error "you have to look for it on purpose", it is very difficult for this bug to happen without wanting to, someone by chance has given with this error and has realized how to execute it, but If you do not seek to provoke that error, it is rare that this happens.

For my part, I am one of those who eats the star at the moment hehe it must be said that I did not know you could have a star in the inventory, the 3 stars that I have achieved have been consumed automatically, one star in the cave of the town, another star in a village event where there are games and purchases with points, and another star gives me my wife for love xD

All these stars have been consumed automatically, without seeing them in my inventory, at least I remember that!

Anyway, if it is a bug they should fix it, has it been reported somewhere? or is there a place to report these errors?

• ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

Pretty sure CA knows about all the bugs/glitches in this game already. The stardrop glitch isn't a huge deal tho - I think the health pool only goes up so far anyway.

• ladymurasaki

I was just happy to get back my watering can, not that I use it much except for the cat dish and it's winter. So I didn't notice that it wasn't powering up...it's a plain vanilla watering can. Not a big deal, I have tons of all ore and gobs of gold but Spring is in 6 days! My day one planting may be screwed up. Too bad you can't make the iridium sprinklers go on command.

• Jiok

Jiok Tentacle Wrangler

Hm, maybe you could try digging up the soil and planting seeds you don't care about around the sprinklers on the last day of Winter. That way the sprinklers will water the soil and the earth will remain tilled. You could also till the soil without planting anything and end up with a few patches to dig up again the next day.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

That's messed up. I was curious about that lost & found message, so I just started a new save and put my water can in chest, in the path of an NPC to delete it. I thought it was pretty decent that the game checked to see if you had some how lost your basic tools. Though it's a bit creepy that Lewis brings them back to your bedside in the middle of the night. I never thought about how it might handle upgraded tools.

I don't hold any hope for planting seeds to keep ground tilled. Spring 1 doesn't act like other season changes, it un-tills everything and spreads extra debris. Also the only seeds that can be planted are winter seeds, and they don't keep ground tilled.

Are you on PC? If so CJB_Cheats_Menu will allow you to water all tilled ground with a single click. Given that it was a bug that took your water can, I think any sort of cheat you can use to get things planted on schedule is okay.

EDIT: For that matter, if you're on PC it would be simpler and more legitimate to just use the item spawner to get back the upgraded can you had before.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
            • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Lewis didn’t always bring back lost tools. On release if you lost them in the mines they would be gone forever without savefile edits. This was changed in one of the first major updates.

• Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

My wife is a little confused. Should I be worried?

Err okay.png

Maybe she's upset that the house looks like crap with no lighting? Hmm. Or maybe she has a kinky roleplay in mind.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Although it is fun to think they are role-playing, it's a common bug because of festival days. The time warps forward when you leave the festival, but NPC schedules don't fully adjust so you get things like the mayor standing in the town square at midnight and spouses speaking like they are still at work.

BentFX likes this.
                  • Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

I've had Shane acting like he was still in the saloon when he was at home. "I'll head home around 10..." I just figured he was too plastered to know where he was. Not sure what Maru's excuse is. I'd go with the kinky role-play.

Dark_Yehn likes this.
                    • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for that. I had known that the NPC schedules were messed during festivals but was still confused by it. The clock warping forward when you leave the festival puts it in perspective. Went to the CC to fill the final bundles after the fair and passed Pam on her way to the bus stop. Still curious if I could have taken a bus ride to the desert at midnight. I'm guessing, probably yes.

• ladymurasaki

Ahh that's what happens - the time warp, again. Always creepy to see the kids standing still in the living room at midnite. I may have to use my extra prismatic shard after all.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I've noticed NPCs acting odd after a festival is done, it's 10 pm and I decide to check something in the area by the CC...and apparently Haley has a little vampire blood in her, since she's hanging around the fountain!

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Often see Evelyn doing the flowers in the town square at midnight too

• ladymurasaki

Since the Egg Festival ended at 10pm, I was going to smash quarry rocks when I noticed Pam standing there. The bus was still operational! So went and foraged some wood and zapped home. That was weird...nighttime in the desert.

BentFX likes this.
                              • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

So wifey is up to her usual tricks again on this save. It seems that, on every save I've done, the second day after she gives birth, she's no where to be found. Just disappears. The map shows she's on the farm, but no where to be found. She's not just 'invisible' so I can find her by running into her, she's actually gone. She doesn't reappear until the next day. Then somewhere around 2-3 days after that, she does it again.
                                It actually freaks me out so that I'm asking the cat/dog... "Where's my wife?!? Have you seen my wife?!?"
                                I usually rack it up to postpartum depression and make sure I give her a loved gift as soon as she comes back.

• Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

"I'm hormonal! Give me a break!"
                                  "But...our child is adopted..."

• Stryder87

Funny you say that because it also happened on my save where we adopted. haha

• Stryder87

So does anyone know how to hide threads from the main page? The flood of Looking For Group threads is just clutter to me as I'm not running the Beta and have no interest in multiplayer.
                                      It's also just good info to know. :)

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

I'm afraid I don't know if there's a way. I took a look, but I couldn't find anything. So unless someone else can clear that up, I'm assuming not?

Far as I'm concerned, it would be good design to have a different subforum for multiplayer stuff. Keeps the general discussions clear, while still allowing players who want to do stuff together to search out other people. Not that I can blame them for asking, of course! I probably would too if I had the PC version. Maybe this is just me being used to other forums, but that's my two cents.

I can say that the next little while (presumably) is going to be incredibly slow for me. I want so badly to try out the new update, but I play Switch, so I'm still having to wait a little bit. Thankfully Switch gets an earlier release than most other consoles, if I'm remembering correctly.

I know you have no interest in multiplayer, so sorry for my speculation, but I kind of wonder how it'll work on consoles? I can expect you'd only be able to play with people in your friend list, at least on Switch. At least you don't have to be in the same place to experience it, if I'm interpreting this correctly. Always kind of feared that would be the case.

• Stryder87

Not pass.jpg

Well, ok... maybe this time. Ouch!!
                                          :avalilol:

Phea likes this.