The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

They say most accidents happen in the home. Preparing for the run into the Skull Cavern I picked up the bombs from a chest, went to a different chest to store some bars and such there. Happened to be carrying the stack of bombs, so put one down. Oops! *poof* Crystalarium, furnaces, seed maker, recycling machine is suddenly gone. Chests remained, thankfully.

Despite the loud bang and consternation, the cat kept sleeping. Bless him! :D

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Does anyone else think the Super Cucumber is waaayyyyyyyy harder to catch than Legend? Seriously.... waaayyyyy harder!!

• ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

See, that's a justifiable day-restart. Thank goodness for daily autosaves. I've had many Groundhog's Day (not more than one at a time tho).

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Man I did that once, lost my stardew valley hero trophy in the explosion :(

Was first thing in the morning, so had I noticed I would have aborted the day, but didn't realise, thought I'd only lost a couple of machines and I was like, whatever about those, I wasn't using them anyway. Only spotted the trophy was missing two or three days later :(

• Stryder87

Just had Penny tell me that she's grateful her mom has her old job back driving the bus. I was like... "Ok... ummm... but I haven't fixed the bus stop yet. What bus is she driving??" haha

Seismothesaurus likes this.
            • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Penny been drinking the hard cider again?

I THINK it's a glitch, because occasionally they'll mention something that hasn't happened yet...but did in an earlier save that has since been deleted.

• Stryder87

Agreed. I had Robin upgrade my coop. It was finished on Monday. I ran into her at Pierre's after the aerobics class on Tuesday and she told me to "Be patient. I still have a lot of work to do." Oookkkk.... you don't look THAT bad Robin... and does that mean you're leaving Demetrius for me??
                Love the little glitches. :)

Saraneth likes this.
                • Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

If you marry Maru or Sebastian, Robin still gives you an invite to sit with her family at the Spirit Tree festival. She is the queen of passive-aggressive snarky mother-in-laws. It's like "You can sit with us...you know...since you don't have a family of your own." I've been married to your son for three years and we have two children, you witch!

Fuzzyman likes this.
                  • Stryder87

Needed the Walleye to finish the Fish Tank, but no rain in sight. Dumpster dive and what do I get? Walleye ftw! Yay randomness!

Edit: This was also the day my duck reached maturity, and what did it drop? A feather for the CC. It was a good day. :)

Honoria321 and BentFX like this.
                    • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I once had a rabbit drop a Rabbits Foot as it's first drop. Randomness can be cool. I'm curious what the people who dive into the source code could say about that. The wiki doesn't make it sound like it's possible, but I'm 99.9% sure that it happened. The 0.1% uncertainty is due to what the wiki says, and the possibility that reality is an artificial construct designed to screw with our heads.

• Stryder87

I rarely keep animals on my farm past what I need for the CC, but I think on this farm I just might. Fall 6 Y1 and I only have two items to go. Should have the CC complete by Fall 20th. First time finishing the CC in year 1!!
                        Anyway, as I mentioned, I rarely keep animals, so having an animal give birth is really rare for me. My sheep had a lamb and I noticed what it said when I clicked on it was quite different from what I was used to when you buy an animal. Kind of sweet actually... :)

Lamb.jpg

Honoria321 likes this.
                        • ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

You named your lamb...Cat? That's cute.

• Stryder87

You should see what I name my cat! haha

• TaleSpinnerGames

TaleSpinnerGames Industrial Terraformer

The random animal name generator dubbed one of my chickens "Pony." In a departure from my usual practice, I kept it.

ladymurasaki and BentFX like this.
                              • Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

I randomly got "Brak" once. I was so delighted I had to name the next chicken "Zorak".

• Pangaearocks

Oh dear. Without any food, time to get out I think :eek:

Close shave!.png

Probably not much of an accomplishment for hardened veteran farmers, but managed to complete the Greenhouse on Fall 19th. Got a lucky big egg from a 1-heart chicken that day, and it was the right colour (bought another from the Cart much earlier). After picking up the lucky egg, I went to the Travelling cart to see what she had. Wool. Woot!

Greenhouse Year 1 Fall 19th.png

Don't have a ton of money, but should probably buy some fruit trees and put in there. And plant the strawberries I bought for next spring I suppose. Haven't found Ancient seed yet.

A Meteorite landed in the field in front of the Greenhouse as well, long ago. Not got one of those before and haven't popped it open. I see from the wiki it should contain 6 iridium ores, which would come in handy, but it looks kinda nice too.

Honoria321 likes this.
                                  • Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

I'd say you lucked out there. Hopefully you managed to get out of the mines okay.

But congrats on getting your greenhouse! Even if you think it's not so much of an accomplishment for a veteran, you still got lucky enough finding what you need and it is incredibly useful, especially with winter coming right up and, assuming that you have a couple of seed makers to put some of your harvested strawberries in, spring coming up afterwards.

Fuzzyman likes this.
                                    • Stryder87

Well, I finally did it!! I finished the CC in my first year! First time ever!! Much thanks to the Cart that gave me, not just the Red Cabbage in Spring Y1, but the rabbit's foot as well! Now I can relax and take my time with everything else.

Finished CC.jpg

• Pangaearocks

Festival tomorrow, it's raining, so I'll stay up a little longer in the mines.

Soooooo cloooooooossssse!! :D

Sooooo close.png

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                                        • Phea

Phea Big Damn Hero

I absolutely hate it when this happens. It's so annoying! One time my cat (Peaches) had been blocking the only route to my bed, and I passed out :facepalm:.

ladymurasaki likes this.