The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Definitely a bug, he's supposed to be sending you either the fried eel or spicy eel recipe, depending on where your friendship level is with him. Check your recipe collection and see if one of those recipes has been added unannounced! If not, that's going to be a problem, as you can't get them from any other source. (Whether that's a significant enough problem to warrant tinkering depends on how much you want to cook them, I suppose, but they're both really good recipes for buffs.)

On the other hand, this is George we're talking about, he could just have had a senior moment and forgotten to send it.

• ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

I had just got 7 friendship with him, and I only knew Fried Eel after this event, so it looks like I really didn't get it. Good news though, it turned out OK. He evidently "remembered" and sent my the Spicy Eel recipe the next day, didn't even admit his mistake though. That George.

Funny little bug, I wonder if it got confused because he randomly sent rocks on the same day? Or conceivably I forgot to check my mail once and those were from the day before. Either way, it seems probable that had something to do with it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
      • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

It's "King of the grumps" George we are talking about here, I'm sure he'd send pretty much anything and complain about it!

That does bring up an interesting issue though - if X is going to send you a recipe, but they also send you something unrelated (like Robin might randomly send wood) on the same day, do you only get one letter from a person per day?

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

One per 'individual' per day, but you can get multiple letters in a single day from different people. I've had days with 3-4 letters, all from different people, of course.

• SoggyPanda

SoggyPanda Poptop Tamer

@Stryder87 The most I've had in one day was probably 2-3. :poke:

• Stryder87

Ok, let me clarify a little bit. I had 1 day with 4... I've had numerous (over different saves) with 3. I think the 4 one was a day that included a reminder of an upcoming event or an advert from Pierre, so technically 3 letters from people and one flyer. :)

SoggyPanda likes this.
              • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I discovered today that if you buy the Joja Membership then the Joja prices for seeds are the same as Pierre’s. Has it always been that way?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Yup! That's the 'benefit' of Joja membership! You've betrayed Grampa and the Junimos and doomed us all to a perpetual corporate servility, but you get to pay the same prices you could already get from Pierre! Wheeee!

Saraneth likes this.
                  • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

The junimo economy still functions on a time/labor = value system. It may look like the right thing to do but really you’re just performing unpaid labor for a mysterious society of fae origins. I’d just rather convert my time and labor directly into the currency system that benefits all of us directly. Pelican Town first! Pelican Town first!

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Starting a new game, remember that the mine is initially blocked off until day 5. Day 3 there's a help wanted quest, asking for 25 copper ore. Um, I can't get to the mine to get the copper you need, Clint...

Also found it funny that a fishing treasure chest was 2 geodes and 3 mixed seeds. The geodes didn't surprise me, but was amused that mixed seeds would be in a fishing treasure!

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Similar... First day of Fall, Elliot's asking for Bok Choy. Maybe at level 11 you get Super Speedy Speedy Grow, or maybe Elliot's just not all that he thinks he is, or yeah, the game just does that, still. :D

I hate mixed seeds, but every time I've seen them in Treasure Chests they been stuck in with other stuff like your geodes. I still think the ultimate Treasure Chest insult is a single piece of bait. That's like a one dollar scratch off ticket that "wins" one dollar. It doesn't cost you anything but your time.

• Stryder87

I decided to go with the BatCave this time around, and use the statue idea I used on another save. Needs some more mood though.....

The Cave.jpg

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

• Stryder87

I've got a few different coloured slime eggs waiting to be used. I was giving that some thought. Not much room in there though... but would definitely add a presence! haha
                            I'm going to wait until I get the slime charmers ring before I do that. Pretty cramped quarters.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Those farm cave mods I linked have maps that are about 30%~ larger than the vanilla farm cave. Not enough of a difference to be anything remarkable, but definitely more floor space to work with.

• Stryder87

Does anyone else think the green jelly looks like the fire flowers from Mario?
                                I keep expecting it to shoot fireballs at me when it gets to the dock! haha

Moonlight Jelly.jpg

• ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

This looks so wrong:
                                  Corn2.jpg
                                  But I was just delivering corn, honest!

Honoria321 likes this.
                                  • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The 'in bed' clause is usually just applied to fortune cookies.

• Stryder87

*spewing my coffee*
                                      Bwahahahahahhaaaa...

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

I'd say Ice Flower rather than Fire due to the colour, but now that you point it out, I agree. It kind of does.