The "The" Issue

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by Guest0241525, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

"The Great Sovereign Temple" and "The Baron's Keep" should be renamed to "Great Sovereign Temple" and "Baron's Keep". Well, either that, or "Ceremonial Hunting Grounds" should be "The Ceremonial Hunting Grounds", etc. as that's how all racial missions are listed on the mission interface.

Regardless, I'm personally leaning towards the former. In fact, I think we should drop "The" from all article names that aren't item, codex, or quest names; examples of where "The" would get dropped include "The Player", "The Baron" or "The Ruin". They'd still be referred to as "the Baron" or "the Ruin" within the articles, but it'd not be present in the article's title.

Whichever we settle on, the point is, there's a consistency issue here that we should address.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
    Starwire, LtBlujay and Shiny62 like this.
  2. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

You're right - it should be consistent. I agree - perhaps dropping the 'The' sounds best.

3. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Is there a chance I could be granted permissions to move articles and edit templates, like I requested earlier? I would be able to take care of this one then.

4. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Done.

Just make sure before moving pages make sure you check Special:WhatLinksHere. Article icon images need to match the article name exactly for the name template to work - so if you move anything using an itembox make sure to update the icon image name as well. You'll also prob want to go to the datapage and do an edit/save/refresh to force refresh the cache to the new article name - it'll update automatically after a bit, but it'll give you a chance to verify the article/data namespace has synced up.

Sorry if you know all this haha, we've got some unique config on the site and I want to make sure you're up to speed on it all.

5. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Yeah, I already knew about the name template - there are actually many codex articles that have different article name and icon name, which requires custom formatting to be used... So in case that gives me any trouble, I know how to handle it. Didn't know about WhatLinksHere though, thanks. That'll be a great help.

By the way, is there some special page where I can see all articles with broken links?