1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated The Tabula Rasa 2.1

Unified Crafting Bench for Mod Content

1. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Thanks a bunch Lowest ^^

2. Grinjr

Grinjr Phantasmal Quasar

Hope you don't mind, but I changed the version to Enraged Koala to be able to play Starbound as a quick fix.

3. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit Pangalactic Porcupine

You can do this for yourself until the update is out, but please don't link what you've done here. This will only confuse people.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  4. Grinjr

Grinjr Phantasmal Quasar

Sure, I editted it out.

5. LowestFormOfWit

Update is finished but the mod repo is being screwy as it always is come patch time. I'll try this upload again tonight. Thanks for your patience.

6. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Oh poop, it still hasn't updated.

7. radi0n

radi0n Subatomic Cosmonaut

still w8ing 4 update

8. Makaveli

Makaveli Tentacle Wrangler

I am on my knees crying, so many mods depend upon this one, and I can't use them without the power of this one. I wish I knew what I was doing I would I would code it myself for this new patch. :****(

9. LowestFormOfWit

The problem isn't that it isn't coded, or isn't ready.

I have the updated version right here and have all day. The problem is the mod repository has been giving me (and many other mod authors) 502 bad gateway errors and won't let me update the resource, at all.

This happens every time a patch breaks the mod versions. All the mod authors trying to update each of their mods at once causes heavy strain and traffic on the servers and we get a ton of people who can't update their mods.

I am one such. Just be patient.

10. kaxi85

kaxi85 Big Damn Hero

please post the fix again grinjr, it won´t confuse anyone. Or at last tell people how to quickfix it :)

11. Makaveli

maybe someone host it on mediafire or something for time being. I need this bad *twitches*

12. LowestFormOfWit

13. LowestFormOfWit

Looks like the Resource Update with the mod repository is having some major issues.

It appears the only way it was letting me update the mod was separately making a Resource Update for the download, and then going back and doing another Resource Update just for the post associated with the update. I've never, ever had to do these separately, so it's quite strange. Regardless, enjoy the update!

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Also, I'm still interested in collecting people's images for their Custom Filter Buttons!

Makaveli likes this.
  14. Makaveli

Thank you young lad, you are the hero of my world

15. Grinjr

Grinjr Phantasmal Quasar

I have a suggestion if you're open to them; I'd like it if the input section in the recipe was empty rather than having { "item" : "money", "count" : 1 }, it would just be blank for the input, making the recipe cost nothing at all. This would be nice for new characters that don't have any pixels and are just testing.

16. RenaldiForumStar

RenaldiForumStar Big Damn Hero

when you install mods, are you able to just drop them into your mod folder and go and when updates come to starbound just delete and replace the folder version? When updates come is your character screwed? i need to know.

17. LowestFormOfWit

Finishing the first quest where you literally just take stuff out of your ship locker awards 10 pixels. You can go from a new character to the Tabula Rasa in roughly 6 seconds.

Usually clearing out the folder and dropping the new version of the mod is the safest way. As for your character being screwed, I'm not sure what you mean. It depends on the update.

Just keep this in mind:
    As Starbound is still in beta, you should be prepared to deal with any update -potentially- completely destroying your game, items, characters, or progress, even when told otherwise. It's a beta. It's chaotic, it's volatile, it's uncertain. Things are constantly updating and shifting and moving and by now you shouldn't be surprised when stuff gets lost in the mix.

18. Chaoticracer

Chaoticracer Void-Bound Voyager

I can't craft it. Not even at a Crafting Table. Help? My version is Enraged Koala, by the way.

19. Cherokee22D

Cherokee22D Intergalactic Tourist

I got the mod installed and placed the tablet and can interact with it. I went to try the example you gave me with the stonepickaxe.recipe file and added "mod" to it exactly like you said and it ain't showing up on the tabula rasa. What am i doing wrong?

20. LowestFormOfWit

Are you sure you're adding "mod" to the groups list correctly?