The Strange and Hilarious

Discussion in 'Other' started by Inferno_Draconis, Jul 19, 2012.

1. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Well glad to see you and your awsome ideas again amigo!
    Approved by Brutor.png

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  2. julian509

julian509 Void-Bound Voyager

i have a few ideas

-when you walk trough a town you see a cat chasing a mouse.
    -when you walk trough a forest you startle an animal that hides in a tree

i'm out of ideas for now. i'll post new ones later

3. Phantomhearts

Phantomhearts Phantasmal Quasar

i have an idea

-you find a rabbit with a top hat next to him and then he pulls out a npc's head (still attached)

4. ~~Edit~~

Added to Bigger Mysteries. Thanks for reviving the thread! :up:

Phantomhearts likes this.
  5. Fishcake

Fishcake Pangalactic Porcupine

- You find a masked man on the mountians. Then he melts and appears infront of you. Yells, then melts to his original spot.

6. - When you open up your menu screen underground-
    A. Your character starts making "taking damage" sounds.
    B. The screen behind the menu slowly starts to fade into static.
    C. Your character starts walking off the screen behind the menu.
    D. Dozens of old men, looking exactly the same, walk past your character.
    E. A boss mob walks past your character.
    F. Blocks slowly start dissapearing on the screen behind the menu.
    G. The area starts filling up with blood.
    H. Circus music starts playing, and then it slowly gets louder and creepier.

- When you close the menu screen however, all of these stop occuring, and you find your character exactly how you left him or her. -

thespacephantom likes this.
  7. Dorsidwarf

Dorsidwarf Subatomic Cosmonaut

1) You find the ruins of a well developed city on a wasteland planet. There are no corpses, just normal scarecrows everywhere. If you leave the city and return, the scarecrows are all in different places.

2)You find a crashed ship with dead aliens sprawled around it. if you walk within ten blocks of the ship, the ship rockets directly upwards, blaring out carnival music which fades away.

3) On a random planet you have been to before, on one visit every NPC is upside down. The NPCs themself do not seem to notice, and if any are talked to about it, they will all turn the right way up and deny all knowledge of being upside-down.

4) You find a landing oad that makes vropp vroop vroop noises in the middle of nowhere. If you go to the main menu while standing on it, a ship going vroop vroop vroop flies past.

5) A storm occurs, but the clouds are pink and the rain is actually flowers

6) You encounter an avianwith a crown in the middle of a human city. Other NPCs see nothing weird or strange about this, and may be surprised to be told he is an Avian.

7) When encountering a nest of poptops, one of them floats off into the sky for no apparent reason

8) During a quest, suddenly the main Questgiver is wearing a clown suit. If you ask them for it they wil burst into tears and run off, requiring you to leave them alone for [10+(1-40)] seconds, during which they will leave the screen faster than the player can run. when they return, there will be no clown suit.

8. This is much more suited to my other thread, "The Strange and Unusual." This thread is mainly for funny occurances, rather than creepy ones. Good ideas, though.

~~Edit~~

Added no.5 to Major Wierdness and no.7 to Minor Oddities. I would have added more, but the lists are starting to get a bit long now.

For the time being, I am only accepting entries for Major Wierdness, although entries suitable for the other lists will still get likes from me.

9. Dorsidwarf

Yay! Added!

Wait...

Doris Dwarf?

THE CURSE OF THE NAME "DORSI" STRIKES AGAIN

10. Oh, well add it there then!

11. Fantastic Mr. Legion

Fantastic Mr. Legion Phantasmal Quasar

How on earth did I not notice there was this thread. I contributed to the other one...but now we have this one...Yes...yes...

- You find a powered-down/deactivated robot on the floor. When you reactivate it stands up and says ' My body is ready'.

- When entering a friendly village, you enter a house. When you look at the table, there is a familiar cereal box on top. When you talk to the house owner, he starts talking about how he has the best jimmies in the whole village. If you look at a notebook/diary upstairs in his/her daughters room, it says ' My dad has an amazing fear of rustling. It's hilarious!'.

12. Bizarre... o_O

13. ~~Edit~~

Corrected. Sorry! :oops:

14. Dorsidwarf

Its okay.

People who i've been forumising for years still called me Doris Dwarf until a few weeks ago.

15. iBanana 4S™

iBanana 4S™ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bigger Mysteries,
    A man sitting next to the entrance of a village on a stool has the back of his pants set on fire, but doesn't seem to be effected nor does he mind. He also happens to sell cooked and readied food.

16. Mr. Mystery

Mr. Mystery Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Major Wierdness:
    A blue police box starts coming in and out of focus while making a strange "whoosh" noise. The box has fully materialized and a strange man sticks his head out the door, looks around, gets back in and the police box disappears again with the strange whoosing noise.

Dorsidwarf and Inferno_Draconis like this.
  17. TheLochNessCheeseBurger

TheLochNessCheeseBurger Phantasmal Quasar

You find a wreck of five avenger planes on an alien planet. As you explore further you find other plane and ship wrecks.

18. :rofl:
    Probably more suitable for Bigger Mysteries, as a copyrighted idea like the Doctor is unlikely to play a significant role in Starbound. Fun idea though.
    If this is a reference of some sort, I'm afraid I don't get it.

19. Dorsidwarf

You find a city where NPCs explode at random intervals into candy and confetti. Other NPCs don't see this as strange.

20. iBanana 4S™

iBanana 4S™ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'll be honest, that's something that'll scare the living crap out of me when I first see it.