The Stardew Valley Forum overlay!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angry Muffin, Feb 14, 2013.

?

You likey?

1. Yeah!

23 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. Naw...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. So Bright... my eyes...

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. Kind of...

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. Angry Muffin

Angry Muffin Face Doodler

As you guise can see we have a new overlay!
    Thoughts?
    Improvements?
    Badges not blending in?

EDIT: Whait, should this be in suggestions section...
    SO BRIGHT

Auraknight likes this.
    • Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

When the page came up my first thought was "Did I click on the wrong thing?"

Kalvuric likes this.
      • ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

No worries... I'm interested in seeing what you guys think about this new theme. Too bright? Cheerful and fitting for a sunny valley?

• Active Link

I think it's very fitting, it just takes some time for my eyes to adjust when I come here from the main forums.

Edit: The banner seems a little large imo.

• pigrocket

pigrocket Giant Laser Beams

On longer pages, all the good stuff is at the bottom. Maybe some things going on at the top, too. Instead of just blue.

• Angry Muffin

Angry Muffin Face Doodler

I just can't really see your title or the badges the way they were suppose to be scene...
              I suggest:
              EG.png

• Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Honestly my only problem is that when I go from the normal SB Background to this bright one it hurts my eyes a bit until they adjust. But as Molly says "I'm a vampire" and keep the lights off all the time. XP So maybe it's just me. I DO really like that the forum actually does this though, I have never seen a forum have different backgrounds for each subsection.

Pinkie Pie and creepwolf like this.
                • Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

I likey. But it also scares me. It's different and colourful and I think Moofin should tuck me in tonight because I'm afraid the colourful pictures will come to get me.

In all seriousness though, the background is absolutely lovely. Some good work here. The theme is a little bright in my opinion. I wonder how it would look if we kept the black, but on top of this background?

• Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

I'll be honest, it is a good theme for the game; but my main problem with it is the sudden change from going from a dark forum to a bright one like this. It's similar to when I go from a dark room to the bright of day . . . I don't enjoy doing that very much. It actually scared me the first time I saw it xD

Zellman and Zailiner like this.
                    • Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

Yep. I'm with just about everyone else...its a tad too bright. "Brighter than the Sun!"

• Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm starting to wonder if we should all go outside or something.

pigrocket and Angry Muffin like this.
                        • Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

[​IMG]

Kalvuric and Ephexis like this.
                          • Ordona

Ordona Former Staff

I personally like it. It's a change, but it's fitting for the game it's targeted at.

As for the badges, those can be adjusted (or possibly hidden, but it kind of is a global-forum thing). Other tweaks such as overlays and the like are also missing. And maybe a darker divider between posts and signatures.

• Saber Cherry

Saber Cherry Big Damn Hero

I think the margins on the sides and bottom are a bit narrow. The top looks good, but there are only ~8 giant pixels of "theme" everywhere else - not quite enough to catch what the theme is. A nice row of crops at the bottom - and a at least 5x as much bottom margin - would be good.

And... it is a BIT bright. Toning it down a tad would be nice, but not too much.

Also - the top could use some filler (like grass, or plowed dirt, or something) across the area where there is currently nothing but a wood border.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

If the pink around our avatar/title/username/badges was a different color, perhaps maybe a dark green or the color Angry Muffin suggested, I could be down with that.

Angry Muffin likes this.
                                • Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

well i certainly wasn't expecting it
                                  going from the usual dark sb skin to this very bright one hit me like "woah wtf is going on here?"

it's not bad by any means, perhaps a little toning done of the brightness though maybe?

• Active Link

It might also be a good idea to make the like and reply buttons a bit larger. I've found myself hitting one while meaning to hit the other a few times already.

• djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

I love it! No complaints. Keep it :)

peace

• RenK

RenK Void-Bound Voyager

I like it. From a design standpoint, it makes more sense for the game's site and the forums to look similar. Only change I could think of is that a link back to the Stardew Valley site in the header would be nice... a visitor to the forums from the home page can't get back without looking for the forum link or hitting back. Though, I suppose I'm just being nit picky.

It's one thing coming from the main SB forums, but before this change going from the game's home page to the forums was just as jarring. As an old web dev guy, that drastic change was making me twitch ever so slightly each time haha

• Dizzard

Dizzard Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it's perfect.