Race The splurgs (Exotic, pink and stinky playable race)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vincey, Dec 26, 2012.

?

Would you like Splurgs as a playable race?

1. Why not!

67 vote(s)
    67.0%
  2. Hell no!

17 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. I don't want my spaceship to stink!

16 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. LarryTheLastStarfighter

LarryTheLastStarfighter Astral Cartographer

These are awesome! SLUG people very unique and best sprites I've seen on the forums

2. Squiddy

Squiddy Void-Bound Voyager

Do you plan on making this a mod?

3. KruczekIIV

KruczekIIV Void-Bound Voyager

Pleeease pleasee me by adding
    splurgs
    to the game!
    5 years of waiting for starbound, but without splurgs it will never be truely finished!

4. Tet the Zoologist

Tet the Zoologist Space Penguin Leader

At least it's not another furry cat race.

It is the unlikely that this race will be added or anything, but if they do, I'll gladly welcome them with open arms. They could also be an NPC race like an alpaca or penguin. Or they can just be a modded race.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  5. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

The nicest race in space, except they stink. This is brilliant. I want this to be implemented, mods or not.

6. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Hey, this is pretty great. I like it. If I had more time I would learn modding just so I could make a mod for them.

7. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

well, certainly interesting in consept, but follow through is a bit flat, if i may make a few suggestions

tech: with a mollusk race you'd either expect highly advanced (ex:nearly every cephlopod themed race in sci fi) or disappointingly underadvanced, i suggest going on the theam of either pirates (modern or past, your decision) or hyper advanced yet semi tribal (like if the apex and floran had a lovechild and it came out pink and squishy)
    placement within the community: yeah, this works FAR better as a mod as others have said due to the clothing pattern, besides, steam has a workshop now so it should be easy
    pet: possibly a cuttlefish for irony purposes
    and last but not least, customization: i suggest that you can customize a form of tendril thanks to the fact its a mollusk, and for color choises, id go for anything that has really strong and contrasting colors like sea slugs
    now for my compliments
    1:i commend you for trying a fully alien charichter
    2:i commend you fro making females have a different gender identifier than boobs
    3:i do like the potions for different bodytypes

8. Tet the Zoologist

Tet the Zoologist Space Penguin Leader

He already kinda explained technology. They have a Great Britain theme, so they should have "mideval" technology like the glitch.

9. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

oh, oops :facepalm:
    well i do think the other suggestions are helpful at least, although a great britan them, thats actually pretty new, albeit a little too modern, but new idea here none of the less

Tet the Zoologist likes this.