The Spaceflame Circlet

Discussion in 'Create-A-Hat' started by Aeronaut, Nov 21, 2012.

1. youareapivot

youareapivot Aquatic Astronaut

This is one of the best hats out in the contest as of yet, and it's my favorite by far.

Aeronaut and GunmanRex like this.
  2. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Now this is a cool idea, love that whole hair changing part, adds some depth to it, I really support this, alot.

Aeronaut likes this.
  3. Aeronaut

Aeronaut Pangalactic Porcupine

Certainly! I'm working on more examples, but I've been sidetracked by Rise of the Guardians and watching a stream of The Walking Dead among other things. :p

GunmanRex and nababoo like this.
  4. Aeronaut

Believe me, I'd love to see it animated! Unfortunately, I actually found animating the hair easier. I'm abysmally slow at sprite work, but I'll definitely give it a shot.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  5. Sgt. Sprocket

Sgt. Sprocket Parsec Taste Tester

Oh great I am a HUGE daydreamer does that mean I will be stuck looking at my hair in a mirror for hours on end?

6. Aeronaut

My understanding is that a character's "personality" in-game will affect, among other things, their idle pose. While I don't think it'll actually be implemented as an attachment to the Spaceflame Circlet, I think it'd be really neat to have a character daydreaming (or looking at their hair, as it were) when they idle while it's equipped. :)

WoxandWarf and nababoo like this.
  7. Tea Mate

Tea Mate Existential Complex

Very nice. Probably my favourite so far. If there would be a "players' choice" election I would vote for this one. It's all good and well to laugh at the humorous entries, and then walk onward. But more serious entries like these are the ones that can spark real interest.

I hope you will win. This deserves it.

8. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

So like, looking into the stars when you idle, I would use that, I like looking into the stars.

Aeronaut likes this.
  9. MrMasteroflps

MrMasteroflps Void-Bound Voyager

Amazing is all i have to say

Aeronaut likes this.
  10. Aeronaut

Thank you!

I do love many of the funny entries, too! I would definitely not mind seeing several of them in-game.
    A few of them are making me wish I had Photoshop or the skills to put together a somewhat better presentation for this idea, though. :rofl:

11. Personally, I think your text makes up for whatever may be lacking in the pixel art. Humorous to an extreme degree, one may say.

12. Aeronaut

Haha, if you say so. :p

Thanks!

13. ProfScarecrow

ProfScarecrow Big Damn Hero

i like it, very nice job :D

Aeronaut likes this.
  14. AIex

AIex Subatomic Cosmonaut

awesome

Aeronaut likes this.
  15. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

This one should win, It's simple yet decadent.

Aeronaut likes this.
  16. Finn_The_Human

Finn_The_Human Astral Cartographer

This is a really [​IMG]really awesome hat!!!

Aeronaut likes this.
  17. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

This is my favorite hat submission. It needs to win!

18. Aeronaut

Apologies for the lack of updates! I've had a lot to deal with this week. I'll try to finish the sprite animations and examples I've been talking about tonight. :)

19. Really like that "larger images" spoiler -- full potential of the item has been realized.

20. Aeronaut

Added new images to the first post!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I've also come across somewhat of an issue as to what to do with players that look like this guy right here:
    [​IMG]
    I have hair, but it is mostly facial! WOE IS ME!
    As you can see, his hair is all facial, so he appears "baldish" to me. I'm not sure whether to give him the "hairless" version of the circlet...​
    [​IMG]
    My head is on fire. Your argument is invalid.
    ...or to just make all of his facial hair look like Spaceflame.​
    [​IMG]
    Friends call me "Spacebeard". YARRRRR!
    This is a rather perplexing issue. Which one do you all think looks better?​
    I've run into a similar issue with the Avian race, but I'll work on getting an example of what happens to their feathery headdresses in both cases as well. Animations are still forthcoming, as they take a really long time to create. Sorry!