Modding Discussion The SDV Mod Art Review Thread

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Ciriun, Apr 6, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

meh. i have a bunch of stuff that i've made that's going into different mods. x__x; prior to @Ciriun posting in here I forgot to show what I've been working on.

pug chomps 250.gif doghouses.png swings of season come.png dog-beds and pizza oven.png

• SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

Ooh I love those swings! :D

taintedwheat and Superior_s like this.
      • Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

You're probably right about the first stage. I've never actually encountered a young viney tree, so I didn't think too hard about how it looked beyond what Google showed me. No idea what to do to fix the leaves, though. :/

I lose threads all the time. :rofl: Easy to do in a place like this.

I, too, love your swings, although personally I would remove the shadows on the flowers since they aren't really being cast on anything. Also the last one, while extremely cozy, might have a bit too much anti aliasing.

And finally.... awwwwww~! Such a cute wittle pugsy dog! :nuruflirt:

taintedwheat likes this.
        • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Are those dog houses, tainted? What mod did those go into? I wouldn't mind replacing that slab of wood with a bowl on it with a proper dog house.

• taintedwheat

me and @Jinxiewinxie put together a really cute farm area that has a farm stand i put together (and i saw your radio idea and asked her to put it in there near there):
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5QADMXhIbTaMzZzT1JsYUp3TGs/view

i want those dog houses to go in there near the dog pet area, behind the rug, and those swings behind the house too like a backyard patio, and a tree swing that i'm thinking can sit by the pond bridge(it's in the file, but it's a non-updated one)

[​IMG]
            [​IMG]

• sheetcakeghost

I gotcha! If you downloaded the winery mod you'll notice that on the custom sprite sheet I also have the jukebox from the saloon, just edited to not have part of the wall attached. In the end I decided to use the radio on the counter, but if you wanted to use that cleaned up jukebox feel free to.

In my private farm mod I moved the fence from the area behind my house so that I could plant trees there.

[​IMG]

taintedwheat likes this.
              • taintedwheat

Aww! That is super cute! omg! okay, i will, i don't have any industrial number of kegs yet, but i'll have my slimes move right outside, ooooh reskin some with little bar outfits (yeah right) and leave them in there lolol

i think what has to be done for the radio to show up is have that edit that onto each season. this is why I just ended up doing different versions of the swing since they're small and easy to edit.

@Ciriun , haha, thank you! I suppose I will but I want to see how it looks in game first, since shadows take a tile anyway, I figured I save jinxie the trouble and have the shadow overlay be ready for the building layer.

yeah, idk how i feel much about the flowers either

@SarahKik thankies n____n

• sheetcakeghost

Yeah, the tiny radio would need seasonal edits depending on what time of year it is (otherwise it wouldn't always show up) and it'd probably work out to have it on a little table by your swings in that backyard you're making.

On another note, I'm actually putting a berry patch on my farm where the shrine is located. Just a fence in corner where I put a bunch of bushes. Going full on with the winery/juicery aesthetic on this one. Sure wish you could PLANT bushes!

taintedwheat likes this.
                  • taintedwheat

Omg! That sounds super adorable!