1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The Sallok [1.3 compatible] 0.5.2.5

Crocogator steampunkers and Lizard dappermen

1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Jareix Cryvix submitted a new mod:

The Sallok [UNSTABLE] - Crocogator steampunkers and Lizard dappermen

Read more about this mod...

2. Asromega

Asromega Void-Bound Voyager

Listen, a lot of people like this, I'm ok with the Idea, but hold on before you go posting just the race, the npc encounters and ships and all that, make it *SSSPECIALLL*. What I mean is, don't make it a simple old race mod, give this thing special weapons, a literal ship CHANGE after every tier, pilot room on the top or bottom of the ship, an extra Co-pilot NPC to stay in the ship, give you advice, special tutorials, stuff like the peglaci or nekos didn't do, but something along the lines of the avail, or the elithian race mod type thing, and add a couple other races like bots without the natural character layout, such as the trink from elithian, or the peglaci, or avali did. Do something to make it stand out, real well. Special weapons. New crafting stations with different textures. Don't go the way the nekos, or the peglaci did. Give it something that stands out.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  3. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Hmm, it appears that you are suffering from multi-spoiler-itis. this issue is usually caused when you swap out the font that the BBcode is written in.

image.jpg

4. Asromega

I kinda feel special for being responded to, but then again, I got on the forum 2 minutes after this was posted and was the first to say anything, but keep on going Jareix, This mod has so much potential. Heck, I'll Install it once it's finished. Please add more races, I really need to fill up my race bar just for the satisfaction of something I helped inspire come to life. I may not have inspired it that much, but this mod has potential, heck, I have a really good Idea for a mod that would be AWESOME to add in. Jareix, Reply back to me if you wanna hear the idea of adding Races from another game called FTL: Faster Than Light. If you've heard of it, I got the ideas, just not the knowledge of making a custom race. Send me the thing I need to make these races please, Jareix.

-Asromega
    --- Post updated ---
    ALMOST FORGOT TO POST MY IDEAS: Custom Special attacks for croc weapon | Special fists combat item, basically an invisible Blade glove | or maybe a HAMMER MADE FROM THE TAILS OF THE CROCOGATOR OUTCAST, CALLED THE OUTCASTER! | A Crocogator tooth dagger | A custom-animateable tailwhip/crocodile jawsnap all-in-one that has the special as tailwhip, but takes a balanced amount of energy, and at least 5 damage more. Because logic: krukodial tells R strung men, krukodial tells r strung. | That's basically all my ideas.

Sorry for the excessive caps too.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  5. Jareix Cryvix

Shoot... I'll fix that when I'm awake...
    I don't plan on adding any more races apart from maybe variants in species and culture (the Letons being the main focus for culture, and the Saurian Shaürī for the sprites (because the lizard like Preisācc are 3' and would have tiny, difficult sprites, while the crocodilian Geītüran are 7' and would have equally difficult sprites to work with...), but I'll tell you now that there is already an "invisible" fist weapon (sparring wraps) and a VERY fun "Vertical Ascension Device" implemented right now. Though word of advice, try something out before reviewing... There's some pretty unique stuff that you may be interested to poke at. Just make sure /admin is on. You can check out he items in the assets folder.

Asromega likes this.
  6. DovaLink

DovaLink Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Every time i try to open starbound it crashes right as the giraffe is done loading its only when i have your mod i find this mods concept pretty cool its just that i can't try them out

7. Jareix Cryvix

Huh... Care to send me the log?

Wait... Giraffe?! Are you trying to use it in Stable build?!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  8. DovaLink

DovaLink Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yes thats the problem thanks for responding i just thought that unstable meant it has a few bugs not that i have to play it on the unstable build lol my fault

9. Jareix Cryvix

No problem. I should have made it more clear in the first place. :)

10. Jareix Cryvix

Asromega likes this.
  11. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Two words.

Hell. Yeah.

12. Jareix Cryvix

Asromega likes this.
  13. Asromega

Hey, uh, Jareix... I have absolutely no Idea how to mod unstable.. I know how to get to the unstable file in the steam folders, just... I don't know where to put the mods folders.

14. Jareix Cryvix

Make a new one. Just copy the mod folder from your stable directory and delete everything in it except "mods go here". And then just drop the extracted file there and boof. You're set...
    Just don't forget the admin commands.
    Oh, and make sure "skip intro mission" is on too when you make a character.

15. Asromega

Hey, thanks for that, just wanted to add one more suggestion: Add a special outpost with quests, special sallok vehicles, and don't publish update until you finished the outpost, I hate to see unfinished outposts.
    --- Post updated ---
    That's not a demand, do what you want, this is just a recommendation to help get the likes!

16. Jareix Cryvix

Did I not mention the home planet Treiach and Custom intro mission in list of planned features? ;)

Arra likes this.
  17. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I had to double take that post, I honestly thought for a moment that you wrote treyarch.

18. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Black Ops, Black Ops everywhere...

19. Jareix Cryvix

No updates today... Sorry, but I only get a few minutes to work on it because of things, and it's often not ready... :/

20. Jareix Cryvix