1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The Ruins of Xextredge - Custom High Tier Dungeon Content

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Sidequests' started by LowestFormOfWit, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Vendix

Vendix Void-Bound Voyager

Dang

PTW.

2. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

this needs its own sub-biome to easily include it onto modded planet biomes

3. Rhinosaur

Rhinosaur Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bloody hell nice sprites, definitely very necron

Nice work!

4. Twisted Codex

Twisted Codex Void-Bound Voyager

Bro, dat artwork, much green, so borg, very wow.

5. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit Pangalactic Porcupine

Today's Update:
    -Added Xexan Queen to the front page. This is an homage to three things. Mother Brain from Chrono Trigger, Cortana from Halo, and sprited in the visage of my real life girlfriend.
    -Added Xexan Queen emotes. The Xexan Queen will either be the dungeon boss or a friendly AI that divulges Xexan lore. Maybe both?
    -Added the Xexan Royal Sword. There's 4 blade variants here. The blade is see-through, meant to represent energy or a beam-blade effect. I'm not sure which variant I like best.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  6. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow LowestFormOfWit , fantastic work, and a bizarre coincidence for me personally—I was just about to begin using Rik's Sandbox Ship mod to build a huge Borg cube, using mainly Junk Tech painted black/left green and assorted other materials. I'd been lamenting the fact that the Plasma Disc (vanilla blue equivalent of your Shock Panel) was blue and not green, for the alcoves of course.

Guess I'll be waiting for you to release this before I start!

7. LowestFormOfWit

Interestingly, the shock panel was actually a sprite from the original Xextredge assets, made 4 years ago. It was to be used in the mod's final boss ship, the Sphere, where it served as part of the ship's core. You can see it in the original unpolished asset here:

[​IMG]

Blaine likes this.
  8. Furinex

Furinex Phantasmal Quasar

Shut up and take my Money... err... Bandwidth.

This looks absolutely insane. Cant wait for this to get released!

9. LowestFormOfWit

Today's Update:
    -Updated the main page with an in game first look at Xexan blocks and structure, featuring what I've currently implemented.

10. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

That looks ridiculously awesome. I would almost just ask for a version that just includes the furniture. But nah, I totally won't do that.

11. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been restraining myself from begging him to release what he's got right now, no matter how roughly implemented/disorganized, but you've done it for both of us, though not really of course. Thanks.

12. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Big Damn Hero

This is all kinds of sexy, I really can't wait to see what you come up with

13. ducc89

ducc89 Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome work!!

14. Cuftburt

Cuftburt Void-Bound Voyager

The Xexan Queen is looking very SHODAN-esque to me, whilst also giving me an odd Egyptian vibe, probably from the Necron style. Interpret that as you wish. But yeah, this is marvelous work and needs to be added to the game officially.

15. LowestFormOfWit

You humble me. The Xexan Queen started with the Mother Brain from Chrono Trigger and then evolved from there in a Cortana from Halo direction. I also modelled the Queen off my girlfriend. It's an homage to all three I suppose.

16. LowestFormOfWit

This is a great question I haven't really been asked yet. Here's my (eventual) plan for the Ruins of Xextredge:

-Small ruins to appear scattered fairly rarely exclusively on snow worlds.
    -The player either finds an item or series of items in these smaller scattered ruins that combine to form a key to the "main" Xextredge dungeon, which will be more intact/preserved than the scattered ruins.
    -This "main" dungeon will be far larger and more extensive, and culminate with a boss fight, provided I can rig it up correctly.

We'll see how/if this kind of implementation becomes possible as the modding capabilities increase.

17. LowestFormOfWit

Today's Update:

-Added all currently implemented Tile / Block types to the main page.

18. Ravenholme

Ravenholme Big Damn Hero

I seem to recall that there are issues with making dungeons unique or planet/biome specific. I think you could do the smaller Xextredge installations by using the micro-dungeon code, though (But that has size limitations) which allows you to limit them to spawn only in certain biomes, so could be used to limit them to snow planets.

Not sure how you'd make a single Xextredge major dungeon though.

19. LowestFormOfWit

As I said, it will hinge a lot on what modding capabilities continue to change for us. The small ruins will definitely be microdungeons.

As for the larger central facility, I'll play it by ear.

20. LowestFormOfWit

Updated the main page with a new screenshot of another test building I made, a Xexan Chapel-like building. I've added a few more block types and was testing how they worked with each other. The GIF made the background tiles look crappier than they appear in game so apologies.