1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Roadmap

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by T-Rex, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Landlaw

Landlaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Where is the pet system on roadmap?

*not the starter pet*

2. Stoltverd

Stoltverd Big Damn Hero

I am with you, up to the part of nintendo contributing their own dungeons... That sounds too much like EA DLC...

3. dak47922

dak47922 Pangalactic Porcupine

This is only making the wait harder for me!:cry:
    Thanks for the effort!

4. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

What I was thinking was more like when you buy the game it actually has a storyline with its own dungeons, so you still feel like you got a proper Zelda/Metroid game with actual content from Nintendo.

It might be worth having some DLC if they actually added in new blocks/doodads that you could use in the dungeons you make. Like if they added in a new item or ability, perhaps like a magic wand that allows you to enter the mirror world, then they'd also have to add in the ability to place mirrors and create code for the mirror world effecting the regular world and such. Each new item or ability would end up being like a totally new dungeon type, and players could create hundreds of unique dungeons of that type, or mix the types together and make even more unique combinations of ideas.

You could break ALL the rules-- Instead of only one theme per dungeon, you could mix them! Like you could have a fire/water dungeon where you quench fires and evaporate water. Or even a fire/water/wind dungeon where you need to use the steam to reveal trap wires by blowing it across the room. Really, once you have a decent number of mechanics, it would totally be worth an extra $5-10 to get a totally new set or mechanics to use in your dungeons.

EDIT: Dude, what if you could combine the mirror mechanic with flipping the dungeon upside-down like the Stone Tower temple in Majora's Mask? And what about twisting hallways like the ones in the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time? And if you could combine all that with changing the water levels like the Water Temple? Oh man, I keep getting more ideas, and I need to get ready for work now.

5. Drevun

Drevun Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much, it's nice to be able to check out what's up. You guys are awesome!!!

6. Zeriu

Zeriu Master Chief

Wow this is so organised, looks great. :)

7. Flameofice

Flameofice Pangalactic Porcupine

Ever heard of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong? Mini-land Mayhem, to be more exact.

It was basically some obscure Mario spinoff where you "controlled" a bunch of windup toy Marios. It had a level editor and share function, and I'm quite sure Nintendo contributed to the custom-level pool with their own levels. They even held monthly contests, in fact.

Just thought that was relevant and wanted to share. Then again, we aren't discussing Nintendo.

8. FixelPixel

FixelPixel Pangalactic Porcupine

HARD TO WAIT

9. Dinovash

Dinovash Void-Bound Voyager

I approve of the cake eating... although you can never eat enough cake so I hope to see that bar go higher (1000% should be the very minimum!). :p

10. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would be great to have an overall percent in OP, just saying.

Workman likes this.
  11. Anracli

Anracli Orbital Explorer

There's no way to have an overall percentage because not all of the categories can be weighted the same. Some categories will have easier/faster development than others.

12. Megaman0816

Megaman0816 Void-Bound Voyager

I think you missed a few noms

13. Davosalm

Davosalm Aquatic Astronaut

Im expecting starbound more than GTA V! HAHAHAHA

Workman and Dinovash like this.
  14. Dinovash

Dinovash Void-Bound Voyager

To be honest, GTA is getting old... the new GTA just feels like more of the same.
    Starbound is what I am excited about!

15. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know that. Still, would be good to have.

16. WinterActual

WinterActual Void-Bound Voyager

Me too, since I don't own a console any more lol..

17. enthusedpanda

enthusedpanda Pangalactic Porcupine

I think when I did a raw average of the percents, it was somewhere around 65 to 75 percent complete.

the roadmap hasn't been updated since it was released, iirc, so with any luck, their next update will put us very close to some kind of release date.

18. Hey, just a heads up that we'll be updating the roadmap monthly. :)

19. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

The roadmap is so cool looking!

20. Maxwell5123

Maxwell5123 Star Wrangler

"Monthly?!" *hopes of Starbound being released in the summer time slightly crushed*

Loria Cesaille and dhxmg like this.
  21. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

The beta comes out this year, so I believe a full version is for next year