1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Roadmap

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by T-Rex, Apr 26, 2013.

1. MasterWii

MasterWii Twenty-three is number one

Good work! I want this game more and more!

2. _A_n_d_z_A_

_A_n_d_z_A_ Space Penguin Leader

Is the Roadmap updated or not?

3. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This is the latest and the roadmap isn't going to be updated until Tiy work's on it and if Tiy update it you will see that this thread will be too

_A_n_d_z_A_ likes this.
  4. Yoolee

Yoolee Space Spelunker

Totally awesome! Thanks for being very open in the development process.

5. Byzantine

Byzantine Phantasmal Quasar

According to my math, the last update to the roadmap puts development at ~84% complete. This is encouraging!

6. Masusder

Masusder Aquatic Astronaut

7. Earl Asplund

Earl Asplund The Number of the Minibeast

I posted a potential update that you could use for the front page, involving descriptions next to the pictures that say if the features Beta ready, Almost, or the fraction of how many are ready over the total of said section. Additionally the spoilers that make it easier to navigate. If there's anything else that could be....added, I'd love to help out?

8. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

Not to stomp on your hopes and dreams, but I don't see how you could've gotten ~84%. If you average each individual tally then you get almost 70%. If you instead average the average of each section you get almost 65%. Unless you counted the "space" section, which I don't see how you can include that in good faith.

9. Schkapman

Schkapman Master Chief

IDEA:

Maybe they should simply add: "Last updated" somewhere on the roadmap. Then you would never need to ask if it has been updated or not :)

DevonDe and Ellie like this.
  10. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Unless some updates were inadvertently missed, we have had two in the last 27 days at least (both of which were in the last 10 days).

I do suspect that the roadmap was not intended as something that would get regular (say weekly) updates, but more of a monthly update at best if not a "as we remember to do it" bit. Either the roadmap itself is difficult to update, or they are having trouble quantifying how much work they have done thus far in each area since April 3rd.

Schkapman likes this.
  11. T-Rex

I will be putting it like this

20% -----> 40% Updated : 30/4/2013

Schkapman likes this.
  12. Hexatona

Hexatona Poptop Tamer

Looking through the Roadmap myself, they've still got quite a way to go!

Lots of fiddly stuff is designed, but not yet implemented: Tech, Parties and multiplayer mechanics and protection, Vehicles, making biomes matter in more ways, NPC interaction/behavior, Quests...

Plus, the new race, fossils, and pets don't seem to be in the roadmap list yet either!

Looking forward to how the team implements all their hopes and dreams!

_A_n_d_z_A_ likes this.
  13. _A_n_d_z_A_

_A_n_d_z_A_ Space Penguin Leader

The game is far from finished, but it has a lot of stuff at around 80%. So my guess is that Beta might be released around the end of May/June(at least that is what I'm hoping for) and the full game might be released at the end of 2013.

Shippo likes this.
  14. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

I think April was a good month for the progress of Starbound, so hopefully when the roadmap is updated we'll see big bumps in percentages. :)

Shippo likes this.
  15. CLC

CLC Orbital Explorer

If the final game were released near the end of the year, that would be fine with me. I've seen too many games released with fatal bugs included. While that may make some people happy, "we'll fix it later" is a foolish mentality for any company releasing a product.

16. Byzantine

Byzantine Phantasmal Quasar

Mind you, I never said my math couldn't be wrong. All I did was take all the sections and average them as a whole. For all I know, I could have been off a digit. And I'm sure the results would be at least slightly different averaging out the individual sections, then using those to estimate progress. Point is, the game is finished enough that we may see the beta soon.

And no, no Space section. Though, that does make me want cake.

17. T-Rex

Let me set this straight guys this roadmap is like 3 weeks old and never been updated until now, so i am guessing the game is way updated, and again this will be updated when Tiy updated the roadmap :))

18. A7x

A7x Orbital Explorer

if you can show the progress every time ! it would be so cool~(*o*)~

19. Kingceon

Kingceon Tentacle Wrangler

Although the roadmap itself lags behind in development, it's still really neat that you all have shown us your current progress on the game! :3

Shippo and CatrexInTheHat like this.
  20. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Or they could have made minimal progress and the few updates they've given thus far reflect the progress they've made in the 28 days since the roadmap was given to us. I don't think thats the case but its certainly a possibility.