Building/Ship The Republic of San Leone

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Beatrice, Mar 6, 2014.

1. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

This is epic. And you seriously made all of this without using Creative Mode (or a similar mod)?

Beatrice likes this.
  2. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Thanks! Like I said, it's all handmade. Our server prohibits mods, with the exception of Starfoundry, which was added one month ago. I also got some help with materials, (we had one user who literally dismatled his own planet and who was relieved to get rid of some materials), even if a soft brick and glass shortage and the hot summer weather brought the projects in San Leone to a stop at the moment ;)

And I have to add, that I didn't even build the most ambitious project yet. I want to build an enormous tower into the exosphere with different levels in different styles (so-called Ziani tower).

There will be also an underground mining corporation and maybe military base; as you may see in the station right to the Terrarium, there is one skyrail leading down... in the dark. This is still under construction.

Breakout and SirKaldar like this.
  3. SirKaldar

SirKaldar Star Wrangler

Damn that's fantastic, I could never dream of building anything like that.

Beatrice likes this.
  4. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Inspirations are all around! Thanks for liking every single post in the thread :D

And here another building, the "Arena" for duells. It was inspired by a similar building which was posted in the Screenshot section some moths ago:

[​IMG]

5. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

I didn't expect to see a scene from the infamous Meet of commodes series. Though I personally prefer the books. The show just can't mayptch A Ballad of Novas and Comets

6. SirKaldar

SirKaldar Star Wrangler

Like the sand on the Arena floor, and the seating areas. I know where I would want to be sitting, then again I am a Floran, so maybe I would be happier on the sand :p

TrueEdge likes this.
  7. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

The only problem I have with the series is the habit of its infamous author. Since months he's saying "the update is coming", "we will see new interesting stuff" or "the zombies and dragons will come, together with stargates". It's like inviting someone for a pizza, and then... well, you wait, and wait, and after hours he asks you which pizza you want - when you thought "well, the pizzas are on the way!".

I also made a video in this arena: http://community.playstarbound.com/...a-with-mitsuda-and-kikuta.72000/#post-2018743

8. Commander Benny

Commander Benny Phantasmal Quasar

(sees part of build from first video)
    "Wow, that's dedication"
    (Sees all this)
    (kneeling) "I AM NOT WORTHY! I AM NOT WORTHY!"
    lol but seriously, you're amazing

Beatrice likes this.
  9. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]

Sorry for the broken images on the first page, I'll try to fix them.

10. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Most of the pictures aren't loading, lovely. :wut:
    I really wanted to see it :(

11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Like I mentioned above, they will return in the near future. I'll write you a message, when they are back - if you want :)

Seajun_ and Feathery Dust like this.
  12. Feathery Dust

Wow I feel silly now, it was on my screen as I was writing and I didn't notice :unsure:
    Also yes a message would be great!

13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

The pictures are back!

14. Feathery Dust

Thanks for fixing it!
    It looks awesome! Looks like you put a lot of effort into it.

Beatrice likes this.
  15. Commander Benny

#1: impressive
    #2: you must have either a lot of spare time, or a lot of experience with voxel sniper (or whatever it'd be called for starbound)

Beatrice likes this.
  16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, I'm working on it since February, but with lots of breaks.

#1 Merci.
    #2 I did this in less than an hour, only with Tiy's avatar. I don't know what a voxel sniper is :D. And I really think it's far from perfect!

17. HiVoltage

HiVoltage Void-Bound Voyager

I very much dislike factorization: I feel like doing everything myself is much more fun, even in games where the goal is literally to automatize everything.

18. Commander Benny

wait, TIY'S AVATAR!? YOU HANG WITH THE DEV"S!!!???

19. Feathery Dust

I think Beatrice is talking about the Tiy Statue.

20. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I would like it if it was done very well; let's say, a very sophisticated factory with bassins full of water, lava and poison, long pipe systems and mining drills reaching further in the deep secret areas of an unknown planet. Also a highly modern mining central with magnets and an interesting puzzle of switches and doors. However, pure automatization only for the will of factorization without some crazy looking, but still aestethic athmosphere wouldn't be my cup of tea, that's for sure. :)

No, the dev's don't notice me. :D

This. I refered to Tiy's picture on Twitter, which I took as as reference for the statue.

As you may know, San Leone is not only a planet, but also a federal republic which consists of other planets. San Leone is the capital, which I didn't finish yet; today I want to show you another member of the republic, which is part of the Serena System (the solar system in which also San Leone is placed).

This planet is called San Clemente, and a botanic research institute of the republic. First, I only wanted to collect and plant all trees I found on my journeys, but it became a little bit bigger than I thought. San Clemente is a garden in the sky, with artificial ponds, a greenhouse and a tower, which reaches the stratosphere. It's also used as a holiday destination by the inhabitants of San Leone.

First, some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aaaand... now something special: a video! Here is a trip, showing the whole architecture:

ENJOY!

Chrillzilla, DrVoodoo, Nutric and 4 others like this.