Building/Ship The Republic of San Leone

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Beatrice, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Remember the A... What was it we were talking about?

Beatrice likes this.
  2. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Someone got the joke right! :D

3. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]

I think this is the loveliest window I've ever done.

And it's also great to perform music.

4. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I'm going to show some pictures of the Concordia, but without furniture at the moment, so you may have a better look at the structure. :)

[​IMG]

5. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Here is a big Screenshot of the two most important buildings near the Spawn, forming the "Place of Victory" with a gigantic column.

[​IMG]

Left: Consulate (seat of the Great Consul, Head of State)

Middle: Column of Victory with fountains

Right: Senate (seat of the Parliament)

6. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

---> Also added Howdy and Nak Nak to the first post. It's getting really impressive... does anyone know what the maximum limit of size of a post on the CF-forum is?

7. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Seat of the Great Aedile, one of the most important office holders of the Republic.

8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Wow, this looks even cooler if you see the whole thing at once... Well done Beatrice!

TheFloranChef and Beatrice like this.
  9. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

This is beautiful :giggle:
    The laurel crown window was quite creative too!

Beatrice likes this.
  10. DiAL033

DiAL033 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Beatrice, glad to see you still working on San Leone, it's very, very nice!
    Cheers from an old starbounders.de member (the space hulk guy) :)

Beatrice likes this.
  11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Haha, I hope to show more after having mroe time, again... :)

Thanks! It's always nice to see long-time followers still not beeing uninterested, thinking "well, the same stuff, once again" :D

Hey Dial - seriously, how should I ever forget you and your amazing spaceships in the asteroid field? I even made a video in the control room of your Avian ship, so there's still something left! :)

DragonsForce likes this.
  12. DiAL033

DiAL033 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey that's great! I recently fired up SB again, but I am just on single player, building. This time it's going to be more spaceport-ish, with a bit more toned down ships size-wise. The avian command cruiser was simply too hard to "fill". Anyway, I might post here whenever there is sth worthwhile to look at ;)

DragonsForce and Beatrice like this.
  13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

I'm excited! :D

And here some panorama pictures from Concordia; first, the Main Street between the Senate and the Seat of the Great Aedile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still needs some furniture... some smaller pictures will follow, when I'm done with this. ;)

14. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Very nice work Beatrice! It looks even better zoomed out.

Beatrice likes this.
  15. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

When I saw the Senate - my jaw dropped. Literally.

Beatrice likes this.
  16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Thank you both for your kind words! It's always motivating! :)
    Unfortunately, my work is at the halt, as I don't have much time to continue my projeckt. However, here is a small screenshot from another house:

[​IMG]

17. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I love the background facade buildings, but I have to admit the windows kinda make the "facade" part a bit more obvious as the bright sky shines through from behind. Have you tried painting the glass/window blocks to better give the impression the windows are revealing a darkened interior? I mean, it won't be a perfect solution, but...

Beatrice likes this.
  18. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, you're right, it bugged me from the start. I'll have a look watht I might do, thanks :)

19. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I'm using light metal in background buildings' windows. Sometimes titanium panel works well too.

DragonsForce and M_Sipher like this.
  20. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

The last Patch was a mess for me. Perfomance crumbled significantly on our server. However, I have some free time and may build something in the future...

[​IMG]