Building/Ship The Rasal Empire

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheFloranChef, Nov 23, 2015.

1. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

1.jpg

The Rasal Empire is a new civilization that was formed recently but has quickly developed and is starting to expand in its homesystem. The Rasalian founders were a group of Humans, Apex and Hylotl refugees that wanted to settle in a new world and protect each other. So far they have avoided any contact with the Miniknog and have not seen any threats from the Floran or the Tentacles.

2.jpg

Their homeworld is Rasalas II d, in the Rasalas Treshold System, which is also called Rasalia, the same name of their capital (underwater) city.

3.jpg

They are extremely careful with immigrants and so far have apparently avoided revealing their location to any outside forces. However, they do welcome anyone who accepts to follow their rules, even Florans, despite suspicions from the Hylotls.

4.jpg

Here we can see a village in Rasalia VI a, one of their colonies in the Rasalas system. Even though they have transport technology, they are still employing rockets to colonise their homesystem.

2015-10-28_00004.jpg

2015-10-28_00016.jpg 2015-10-28_00017.jpg 2015-10-28_00018.jpg 2015-10-28_00019.jpg 2015-10-28_00020.jpg 2015-10-28_00021.jpg 2015-10-28_00022.jpg 2015-10-28_00023.jpg 2015-10-28_00024.jpg 2015-10-28_00025.jpg

2. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I like it. Nice builds.

TheFloranChef likes this.
  3. infernalteuthis

infernalteuthis Void-Bound Voyager

wow!! i love the use of background blocks to make it look like there're more structures in the distance

4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

That rocket looks so darn cool. Everything looks cool, but the rocket looks especially cool. Nice job.

5. TheFloranChef

Thanks everyone. Here is the rest of the colony on Rasalas VI a (not "Rasalia VI a" as I said in the first post. Rasalia is only the name of their capital and homeworld, this is another planet in the Rasalas system):

2015-10-28_00002.jpg
    2015-10-28_00003.jpg

2015-10-28_00005.jpg 2015-10-28_00006.jpg 2015-10-28_00007.jpg 2015-10-28_00008.jpg 2015-10-28_00009.jpg 2015-10-28_00010.jpg 2015-10-28_00011.jpg 2015-10-28_00012.jpg 2015-10-28_00013.jpg 2015-10-28_00014.jpg 2015-10-28_00015.jpg

6. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

This one made me speechless. Incredible!
    These two are also wonderful. :)

TheFloranChef and BreacK like this.
  7. BreacK

BreacK Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can only agree, the underwater bridge (If its underwater, is it a bridge?) is a really impressive construction!
    The other ones are really well made too, but the bridge really outimpresses (?) them :)

I'm looking to forward see more, soon :)

8. TheFloranChef

Time to see the first part of Rasalia, their capital. Here we have some farms, parks, a bar and a fission reactor underground. The buildings on the background are all residential areas, but there is some on the main building too.

Z2.jpg

To the left we have a communication center (connected to an antenna on the surface) and an storage base that was used during the construction of this part of the city.

Z1.jpg

And here are more detailed pictures:

C1.jpg C2.jpg C3.jpg C4.jpg C5.jpg C6.jpg C7.jpg C8.jpg

Good question! Notice that I forgot to drain it on the picture from the first post. So it's now a proper underwater bridge. :)

9. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Magnificent! :D

10. TheFloranChef

This asteroid base was supposed to be a hotel. But the Rasalan Intelligence took over and turned it into a secret base. Luckily for the crew they didn't get rid of the panoramic bar!

A1.jpg
    A2.jpg A3.jpg A4.jpg A5.jpg A6.jpg A7.jpg

The jail has a special cell for Miniknog sympathisers:

A8.jpg

And here is the interrogation room. It seems too much oxygen could make people a little reluctant to share information. Should it happen, we can vent the air out of the room. Unfortunately, we have to replace the chair each time. Oh, and for some reason they never cooperated after that...:devil:

A9.jpg

11. TheFloranChef

Here is the other side of the bridge. It was the last thing I built before the update. Since I'm exploring with my new character, I decided to post this later. It'll be some time until I resume the Rasal Empire constructions.

RasaliaBridge.jpg BlueBuilding.jpg

And this is actually the first village I built for the Rasalans. It's on the surface of their capital:

V1.jpg V2.jpg V3.jpg V4.jpg V5.jpg V6.jpg V7.jpg V8.jpg

12. MetalArrow

MetalArrow Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is why I love Starbound. Applause.

13. TheFloranChef

The Rasalian Stadium:

Stadium.jpg

14. MetalArrow

It's not a true stadium unless a ticket costs 1000 pixels. For the cheap seats.

15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Out of all the houses and other builds I've seen in Starbound, this might be my favorite. :up:

16. TheFloranChef

That would be a good source of pixels. They should include the option to charge the tenants for other things besides their houses.

Imagine the crowds cheering in an underwater stadium. I imagine there might be an interesting reverberation. :)

The Squid likes this.
  17. MetalArrow

Like getting the local wildlife out of their houses when they forget to shut the damn door?

18. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

*Cue the imperial March theme*

Nice, locations you have here.
    Its looks like a lot of hard work, and money went into this so-called "empire".

Oh and uhhhh, just want a vacation brochure.
    My friends and I need a break from all this space travel. Don't look at our adventure history and turn us down, I swear those planets were not destroyed by us.

One final question. We have 3 civilised Florans here. Soooo uh, could you control the angry racist Hylotls outside yelling at us.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    TheFloranChef and The Squid like this.
  19. TheFloranChef

Time to colonize a Vulcanic world. This picture is not very good but I can't zoom out to much in this because the game crashes. It does show what this place looks like though:

ColonyTower.jpg

And here are some closer screenshots:
    ColonyTower01.jpg ColonyTower02.jpg Vulcan2.jpg ColonyTower03.jpg ColonyTower04.jpg

As usual most residents are Apex, Human or Hylotl, but we do find some Avians here.

ColonyTower05.jpg ColonyTower06.jpg ColonyTower07.jpg

The Hylotl have their own miniature underwater city:
    ColonyTowerHylotl.jpg

And on the top there is even a small beach:

ColonyTower09.jpg ColonyTower10.jpg ColonyTower11.jpg

The paintings in the corridors are from the Castlevania Mod.

Ickura, Jackie2581, The Squid and 5 others like this.
  20. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

You... You stole my armour.

Ickura and TheFloranChef like this.