1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED the pony modpack V3.2.4 Balanced Stallion

a starbound my little pony: friendship is magic centred modpack

1. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

*don't kill me* i don't see what you mean???

2. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

I think the problem with the mouth is because it is the same place on all the vanilla races, so it may be impossible to move the mouth without messing up the other races in the game.
    It affects male ponies as well, my pegasus in my avatar has the same issue.

Might be some way to "hide" the mouth so it doesn't show up at all, that would look better than the one behind the ear, just a suggestion

3. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

i've allready tried it, it makes the game crash

4. The Maneiac

The Maneiac Void-Bound Voyager

Are you Able to make It So You Can Play as like A Robotic Pony/filly like Sweetie Bot or Something?

5. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

nope, but if some one is able to, please tell me

6. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

vote results:
    results: tie! great now i have to make them both...

7. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

So when I put the whole thing in, I only see the Ponex as an option out of what's supposed to be available. There's supposed to be another window on the right for the others, but I can't click on anything there. What do?

EDIT: This is from a freshly (re)downloaded game, no other mod is installed.

NOTHER EDIT: Found a fix, finally. I'll PM Mr(s) creator person details.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  8. Tibbar

Tibbar Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm... just did some thinking about that filly thing, not for the robot one. couldn't we make it so it uses the personality option in character creator? like one setting could be adult and one is foal? and then we could re-label the personality option to "age". just a thought.

9. Deciton_Reven

Deciton_Reven Cosmic Narwhal

All 5 personalities still use the same walk/jump/swim/etc. If personalities became size/shape/age every time you did anything but stand you'd suddenly become [default pony model] until you stood again. Plus mane styles wouldn't fit on a smaller form because they are located too high up.

You'd need a different race for fillies/colts to work right. I did think about seeing if the Kids Mod would add the CMC if I made them, but I'm busy right now so I didn't even try.

10. Tibbar

Tibbar Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, okay. i didn't know that. thanks for the info, of course, another suggestion i had was to include alternate sprites like ponex does, that you don't HAVE to use.

EDIT: also i did research on the kids mod, and unless there's 2 and i researched the wrong one... you can't play as the kids, so if it was your plan to not play as them go for it, but if your plan was to add playable kids.... i don't know what to tell you. if i was indeed wrong or anything of the sort, disregard this post. Sorry. :<

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  11. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Hope you don't mind, but I've cobbled together a few little things for use with this modpack:

The first is pretty much just a playable four-legged Alicorn race - all I did was combine the unicorn head sprites with the pegasus body sprites, and various other things to allow it to work as a playable race when used with this modpack. They start with both the unicorn telekinesis and pegasus flight techs, but since you can only use one tech at a time anyways I was hoping it wouldn't be too overpowered. They don't have custom spawners or special customization options to set them apart from the other four-legged ponies - they just happen to have both a horn and wings.

I have a feeling people would have mixed feelings about this being a playable race, so I'm just going to leave a link for it here for those who are interested.

I've also made an addon that changes the starting shiplocker loot of the four-legged ponies to include the apple seeds from the Ponex mod in the modpack. I couldn't figure out how to properly add a __merge function to existing shiplocker loot, so it just overwrites the default loot for now - this might be a problem later if the starting loot in the pony modpack changes at some point.

There's a version for the Alicorn race I put together, too.

These are all installed the same way - just drop them alongside the pony modpack in your mods folder. Starbound won't start if you install the addons and not the pony modpack, for the record. They're dependent on this modpack. And in the case of the alicorn apple seeds one, it requires both the alicorn addon I made AND the pony modpack.

Hopefully someone will find some entertainment/use out of these! Let me know if there are any issues with them, I can try and figure out how to fix them if needed.

12. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Alicorns are a part of the races and some peoples would surely want to play as them.(it was supposed to be in the update after the massive update i'm working on. but for the starting chest i have my own idea to create custom starting chest for all the races. thank's for the apple seed idea!

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You get to play an alicorn, you get to play an alicorn, everybody gets to play an alicorn!

14. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

i wont be adding the alicorn race, now because i'm working all ready on the modpack update but for the next one, the name for the update: THANKS M.A.LARSON

15. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

C0bra5 updated the pony modpack with a new update entry:

H.A.R.M.O.N.Y. DEFENSE SYSTEM

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Yayyyyyyyyyy! :rofl:

So glad hiding the mouth worked!

Is this pack in the new ".pak" format that the newest version of the game needs to run? (I can't download it until much later today, just figured I'd ask) I haven't launched Starbound since the devs posted that all mods have to use the "new .pak format" to work because I don't want to lose anything by loading my characters without updated mods =/

17. Deciton_Reven

Deciton_Reven Cosmic Narwhal

Um... to be delicate, your new cutie marks are really difficult to read. They kind just look like a random bunch of colors, and I'd bet that if someone didn't know exactly what to look for, they wouldn't be able to tell what they were looking at. I realize that you were trying to stay true to the original designs, but I think it would be okay to simplify some of them, like having only one butterfly or one diamond the same way the apple cutie mark has only one apple, or by fleshing them out more in the case of the rainbow lightning, or perhaps the bubbles. (No idea what to do about the balloons.) I actually drew up some cutie marks for heliostorm but never got a reply on them, perhaps you would want to use some of them?
    Cutiemarks-revized.png

I also don't really understand the need for bots of all the mane 6. Like, I understood Rari-bot being a pony-clothing merchant, that was clever, but the rest, what are they there for? Like, if they all sell just one thing or something, I, personally, would rather have them condensed in to just one merchant. Bots of everyone seems redundant and borderline pandering; we get it's a pony mod.

And to whom it may concern: I'm pretty sure after my first armor and/or clothing set is finished (it's nearing completion) I think this will be my second:
    ponyarmor2.png
    The more I look at it, the more I really want that Samurai armor for myself. Motivation ACHIEVED!

Of course there's only one that's any good for space travel, but armor is armor.

Aasha likes this.
  18. dawg911

dawg911 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, is it possible to have screen? i would like to see what it look like before i download please.

19. The Maneiac

The Maneiac Void-Bound Voyager

how do you Get the Elements?

20. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

i just tried to closer as possible to the original

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014